3DR Drone Video Masterclass

DONE, again thanks Phil.

Guys.......
I never actually seen web-minar, is the audio quality that poor usually ? I am not saying audio level.
Its sounds like a long distant phone call type quality audio.

No that is not a normal webinar audio track, this one sounded like recording was done on a cell phone from a distance.

I'm a bit confused by what Colin meant by referring to your sat map to avoid obstacles in cable cam and as a way an alternative to depth perception in line of sight during Orbit.

my understanding is Google maps are not real time...so a tree planted since the sat image taken would obviously not show up! Or smaller obstacles like cables/telephone lines will not show up. Seems like a terrible safety advice to give out, even with well intentions.

All in all, good webinar. It would be nice to show what he's talking about (bring up OSD and show a close up of his stick controls) when he's referring to each smart shot.

as much as I hated writing the check, I do not regret the results I am getting with the 3.97
My GoPro is at Peau right now having the 5.4 removed and replaced with 3.97 and profile removed. I'm hoping that going wider will reduce visible image shake. Fingers crossed that I will be as happy as you with my $740 gopro :)

bump..looking for clarifications.
I'm a bit confused by what Colin meant by referring to your sat map to avoid obstacles in cable cam and as a way an alternative to depth perception in line of sight during Orbit.

my understanding is Google maps are not real time...so a tree planted since the sat image taken would obviously not show up! Or smaller obstacles like cables/telephone lines will not show up. Seems like a terrible safety advice to give out, even with well intentions.

All in all, good webinar. It would be nice to show what he's talking about (bring up OSD and show a close up of his stick controls) when he's referring to each smart shot.

it's actually a good tip. yes, the sat imagery isn't update to date but sat view used along with the video feed and spotting can definitely be used for avoiding obstacles when using cable cam or orbit. people are quick to just throw up solo in the air and hit cable cam. fly around a bit. see what's around before performing a cable cam or orbit in a new area. how high is that treeline? look at the app or controller and see what the alt is. use the map to get visual reference points of where solo is in relation to other natural or manmade features. and always be aware that anytime you are using consumer grade gps, that it can be off by as much as 2m.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M