3DR Customer Service Sucks

Reaction score
3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.

Hmm unpopular opinion. Can you provide more details to your argument? Like what happen to your solo before, how bad the condition, etc

Hmm unpopular opinion. Can you provide more details to your argument? Like what happen to your solo before, how bad the condition, etc
sure = drone flipped over. crashed. sent back to 3dr via rma - cannot get a repair/replacement or even an answer to an email = customer service sucks! any more information you would like?

Well, you certainly seem levelheaded. Have you tried chatting via their website?
Or is it simply because you've gotten no return emails?

3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.
And you know what? Hoping for 3DR to fail is an odd thing for someone who just sunk a whole lotta cash into their product to hope for.

Minor amount of cash. It was a christmas gift for two of the kids. I just want a refund or a return of the fixed drone and I will be happy to move on to some other drone/toy. The market dynamics will take care of 3DR. What frustrates me is the total lack of response.

what does where I live have anything to do with the lack of response?
Yes because from my country. Send something to usa take up to 7 days. And there is a big chance it wont pass the custom because of LiPo. U sure 3dr already receive your package?

same here, my solo crash last easter sunday and sent a ticket to them, until this posting nobody from 3DR responded.

U.S. Based No customs. RMA was received by 3DR Monday March 14 at 10:25 AM - UPS tracking number - Track your package or shipment with FedEx Tracking. So no customs or battery issues. This is the day/time that it was received by 3DR - not the date that it was sent. I was really hoping for 3DR to do a good job.
Hmm strange. I've got a really fast answer from them when I got a problem in January. It doesnt take more than 2 days for them to answer

yep - great hope, little promise. I would not put one penny additional into this company. It really makes no difference to me - but it is sad that they could affect to the market. Good luck to 3DR.. ...... there will be some one to fill the space.

Still no response. I will order a DJI Phonton 4 this weekend. 3dr sucks. Too bad..... bad you can refund me the cost of the P.O.S. 3DR Solo.

I think that they are getting rid of folks right and left - given their financials - run do not walk.

Lemme guess? You're drinking, pissed off, and clueless. You've not seen 3DR's financials; no one here likely has. The company as a whole is the best poised for several markets, just not the hobbyist/recreational market. They have a significant amount of marketshare in spite of some missteps at the outset.

Either way, the one thing they're very, very good at is customer service. If you're out of the US, it may well be they're slow. Dunno. I *still* have a DJI Phantom that I've not received word on. BTW, if you can't fly a 3DR, good luck with the P4. I have both. I'd suggest a Yuneec Q500, particularly if it's "just for the kids." It's got smart modes that none of the other devices have, and it has a Wizard that you can point up to take off, down to land. It takes the thought process out of all flight, while providing decent video.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Still no response. I will order a DJI Phonton 4 this weekend. 3dr sucks. Too bad..... bad you can refund me the cost of the P.O.S. 3DR Solo.

Thats good. Simple drones for simple people. Should have researched the drone before you bought it. It sounds like a P4 with collision avoidance is your option. Have fun, I hope you fold that one up too! That's me wishing like you. Go join the P4 forums.

NO response after two weeks. 3DR customer service sucks.
Maybe it's the tone of your communication.

I just received my new gimbal replacement. Response was delayed by 2 weeks. After a friendly chat they immediately mailed a new one back and as an apology for the delay they added a pair of nice headphones to the box. Human error can always happen, the difference is how the company deals with that.
After 9 months flying Solo, I can truly say that 3DRs customer service is simply outstanding.

I would agree, I am having an issue with my GoPro and gimbal and the email response has been excellent, after 24 HR wait I have had a reply almost by return of my emails of which there have been many.
I love the solo and the company is head and shoulders above others for customer service. I ordered a flytrex cable for the solo and it has taken their service dept 4 days To reply to my query. happy flying

Reactions: Ian [P13]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc