2 New Videos From Florida

Reaction score
Did some footage in a State Park with free range Gators.

Also did a lil video in Pompano..

Did not mess with fish eye and in the editing at end of Pompano was very dark. But the 3dr stood strong in 30 mph wind. Please feel free to comment and help on shots or editing. I did one in gopro editing the other in Imovie. I am considering a new more elaborate Post editing software.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: deathsandwich
Hi Tony!

The props at the beginning of the gator video can be dealt with by flying more slowly, or if you were, tilting gimbal down to, say, 85 degrees. Who was going to rescue Solo if it went down? Lol
Many years ago I saw a live news (I saw it 20 years after it occurred) video of a park ranger being killed by a gator. Won't go within 10 miles of one now.

You might be able to remove/ improve vibration in beach video by using a program like ProDrenalin. It's what I use, but there are several others. They have a free trial here:
ProDRENALIN | ProDrenalin

Thanks for the advice and let me tell you.. There was no rescuing that drone if it went down. Was incredible.. The gators were less than 3-4 feet away from you.

I will look into that software. I generally don't fly in high winds but was in Florida and was last day. Also looking to purchase different lenses and such for go pro any suggestions, do they help?

Definitely get a neutral density filter from Polar Pro. It will really help with bright daylight aerial video. The image quality will be better, and it will capture less vibration. The 30 mph wind is going to bounce you around no matter what, but it will help everywhere else.

I've accidentally fown too close to nesting wildlife in the past trying to get a neat video. Papa Goose was not amused and took the quad down. Then stood over it at the edge of the lake honking and wouldn't let me near it.

Honestly, I think ND2 is pretty low. ND4/8 are a lot more common. The graduated ND filters are way cool too (ND on the sky fading to clear for the ground). It really brings out the sky detail which is usually way overblown by the gopro sensor.

Gradient Filter 3-Pack: GoPro Frame 2.0

I've been seeing a lot of very nice images/videos on the Solo FB groups lately using those graduated filters. I've used them in normal DLSR photography and they're pretty sweet.

Honestly, I think ND2 is pretty low. ND4/8 are a lot more common. The graduated ND filters are way cool too (ND on the sky fading to clear for the ground). It really brings out the sky detail which is usually way overblown by the gopro sensor.

I've been seeing a lot of very nice images/videos on the Solo FB groups lately using those graduated filters. I've used them in normal DLSR photography and they're pretty sweet.

So as a beginner with filters and such, I do have editing background in college with more elaborate cameras and technology but for my hobby and drone just looking for best results and most common. So this is what you would suggest over the other filters?

That's pretty cool. I hadn't seen that graduated one. For landscapes, that would probably be very idea. I would still want a full non graduated ND filter for shots where the ground is really bright too. If you're over light colored ground, such as beach sand, water, light colored buildings, etc, you may need it. Graduated ND2 on the bottom up to ND4 or ND8 on top would be a nice combination. That would give you the best of both.

So as a beginner with filters and such, I do have editing background in college with more elaborate cameras and technology but for my hobby and drone just looking for best results and most common. So this is what you would suggest over the other filters?
For general purpose, a regular solid ND filter would probably be best. I got a set of 3 and the ND2 is pretty much useless in most situations. Better than nothing. The graduated are a bit more specialized. It's just another tool in the bag for certain situations.

I always fly with a ND4 on, ND8 in very bright conditions (snow, sun), graduated for morning/evening where the surface is a bit darker already than the skyline. It really takes some experimentation. I am by no means a pro photographer, but have been into photography (DLSR world) for many years. You will find a ton more info and video examples if you search for general photography tips as opposed to gopro or drone tips. "photography ND filter", "photography ND graduated filter" etc.

For general purpose, a regular solid ND filter would probably be best. I got a set of 3 and the ND2 is pretty much useless in most situations. Better than nothing. The graduated are a bit more specialized. It's just another tool in the bag for certain situations.

I always fly with a ND4 on, ND8 in very bright conditions (snow, sun), graduated for morning/evening where the surface is a bit darker already than the skyline. It really takes some experimentation. I am by no means a pro photographer, but have been into photography (DLSR world) for many years. You will find a ton more info and video examples if you search for general photography tips as opposed to gopro or drone tips. "photography ND filter", "photography ND graduated filter" etc.

Would you recommend

The gradient Filter 3 pack

or

Frame 2.0 FPV Quadcopter 3 pack
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/goprohero4filters/products/djifilt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member