Cam-Carbon Light 11x4.5" M6 LH AN721527

Cam-Carbon Light 11x5" M6 RH AN721428
Cam-Carbon Light 11x5" M6 LH AN721528

Cam-Carbon Light 12x4.5" M6 RH AN721433
Cam-Carbon Light 12x4.5" M6 LH AN721533

Cam-Carbon Light 12x5" M6 RH AN721434
Cam-Carbon Light 12x5" M6 LH AN721534

Ergebnis Ihrer Suche - Der Himmlische Höllein

I'm mainly posting this video so you can hear the sound of the 11" props, very different than the stock props.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo is less responsive but more solid and precise. I noticed Solo moves more gracefully, less whipping around. Solo required less roll and pitch angle to go where I wanted, this resulted in less gimbal movement to stabilize the camera.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I have seen a very similar change in flight characteristics before on another quad moving from 10" to 11" props.

Looking forward to you updates.

I would love to switch out the motors and change the props on my Solo. Anybody interested in doing it
and charging me. I am not very handy. Just send me an address and a price and I will ship it to you.
I would like more powerful motors and maybe the 10" or 11" blades.
I have two Solos so It would be neat to be able to compare flight times and etc.

I'm mainly posting this video so you can hear the sound of the 11" props, very different than the stock props.

That's noticeably quieter! Is it the length or the material that helps quiet it down?

What angle was the gimble at? Noticed only the right prop is creeping into the frame. Maybe camera is not straight?

That's noticeably quieter! Is it the length or the material that helps quiet it down?

What angle was the gimble at? Noticed only the right prop is creeping into the frame. Maybe camera is not straight?

Gimbal is all the way up and I am in medium FOV. TBH this was just a test of the props, I haven't done any calibrations since the last update including the gimbal.

These APC props are sitting lower than the stock props which have a stand built in. I intend to turn some stands and raise the props so they are not in view as much.

I got the opportunity to fly side by side with another Solo today and the first thing the guy commented on was how quiet my Solo was. We ran two batteries through each Solo with no wait time in between and I would say the motor temps were very similar. My Solo was definitely more graceful in the air but not as maneuverable.

Is there a procedure for calibrating the gimbal? I searched the forum and didn't see anything.

It is believed doing a stick calibration will correct gimbal problems. Doing an accelerometer and compass calibration then facing North during boot are also suppose to help.

So are these props pretty much plug and play or like OP said do they not properly fit without a bit of handywork? Also will these work on the stock motors as well or will this be too much prop for them?

Is there a procedure for calibrating the gimbal? I searched the forum and didn't see anything.
its is the level calbibration in solo
on the latest firmware it is recommended to do a compass first then level with gimbal and camera in place

So are these props pretty much plug and play or like OP said do they not properly fit without a bit of handywork? Also will these work on the stock motors as well or will this be too much prop for them?

The 11" APC MR ST props come with a 6mm nut that fits Solo's motors. There is a molded in recess at the top of the prop for the nut to sit.

Solo's, motors have a short threaded section at the tip of the motor shaft then a larger diameter shoulder underneath.

The stock props have a tall T nut molded into the prop hub which raise the props off the motor bell face. With the APC props I used a standard mm prop reamer to enlarge the lower prop hub to fit over the shoulder. This allows he prop hub to drop down onto the top of the motor and about 1/2 the nut to engage.

While not ideal it works well and I have about a dozen flights on them with no issues. I would like to turn some proper T nuts that raise the props and grab more threads

I'm sold on the 11" props for flight time, smoothness and reduced noise.

There may be other 11" props out there with a hub that fits with no mods, I haven't looked.

As far as being too much prop I will find out. My Solo is now a year old and I pushed my motors beyond normal use with no failures. I flew ACRO for a couple months as well a dozens of high speed runs with no failures. I flew with a stock Solo earlier this week and surprisingly it seemed my motors were running cooler than his. My Solo is pulling about 13.5 amps at cruise and 18-19 amps turning and maneuvering.

Reactions: erikgraham
It is believed doing a stick calibration will correct gimbal problems. Doing an accelerometer and compass calibration then facing North during boot are also suppose to help.

You forgot burying a chicken's claw, 3 baby teeth, a tuft of hair from a Yuneec pilot and a left rear prop from a Phantom in your back yard. Do that, and your Solo will always fly perfectly, guaranteed! :D

You forgot burying a chicken's claw, 3 baby teeth, a tuft of hair from a Yuneec pilot and a left rear prop from a Phantom in your back yard. Do that, and your Solo will always fly perfectly, guaranteed! :D

Actually doing a stick calibration for gimbal issues has helped, and is recommended by 3DR.
Solo gimbal not pointing straing ahead

I had to do Voodoo to get my Solo to stop turning over:)

The 11" APC MR ST props come with a 6mm nut that fits Solo's motors. There is a molded in recess at the top of the prop for the nut to sit.

Solo's, motors have a short threaded section at the tip of the motor shaft then a larger diameter shoulder underneath.

The stock props have a tall T nut molded into the prop hub which raise the props off the motor bell face. With the APC props I used a standard mm prop reamer to enlarge the lower prop hub to fit over the shoulder. This allows he prop hub to drop down onto the top of the motor and about 1/2 the nut to engage.

While not ideal it works well and I have about a dozen flights on them with no issues. I would like to turn some proper T nuts that raise the props and grab more threads

I'm sold on the 11" props for flight time, smoothness and reduced noise.

There may be other 11" props out there with a hub that fits with no mods, I haven't looked.

As far as being too much prop I will find out. My Solo is now a year old and I pushed my motors beyond normal use with no failures. I flew ACRO for a couple months as well a dozens of high speed runs with no failures. I flew with a stock Solo earlier this week and surprisingly it seemed my motors were running cooler than his. My Solo is pulling about 13.5 amps at cruise and 18-19 amps turning and maneuvering.
When you say reaming does that mean higher tollerance end mill or just drilling the hole bigger? Is a prop reamer something I can pick up at my local hobby shop? Sorry, haven't ever really done anything like this before.

Actually doing a stick calibration for gimbal issues has helped, and is recommended by 3DR.
Solo gimbal not pointing straing ahead

I had to do Voodoo to get my Solo to stop turning over:)

Sweet Acro there. I got another Solo to practice some of that good stuff :)

When you say reaming does that mean higher tollerance end mill or just drilling the hole bigger? Is a prop reamer something I can pick up at my local hobby shop? Sorry, haven't ever really done anything like this before.

I used the standard metric reamer from Tower Hobbies, $14.99. I believe Richwest used a similar reamer in one of his videos.

I'll be turning out some proper adapters on my turning center shortly with stands built in .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks