11" Props on stock Solo motors

I ordered a set of four from ebay for $8 APC Props LP11045MR-B4 11x4.5 Multi Rotor Set (4) Are these th ones you are using?

Purchased a metric reamer and with a bit of twisting, voila, they fit down on the motor. But.......they don't allow (like nothing) the threaded shaft to protrude enough to catch threads on the nut. I can fit a 6mm nut but only about a 1/16 of a turn.

I am going to use an end mill to mill down the prop hub face. I should still have a good amount of material left to retain adequate strength. I will update when I get hobby time later in the beginning of the week.
These are the correct 11" props for Solo motors, which are self tightening and have a 6mm nut:

11x4.5MR(ST)
11x4.5MRP(ST)

The above and the 10" versions can be purchased through Tower Hobbies, which has better pricing for shipping than APC direct.

I believe the reamer needs to be capable of 8mm to fit fully down onto the motor, iirc as I don't have stock motors. This is the metric reamer that I use.

Great Planes Precision Prop Reamer Metric

These are the correct 11" props for Solo motors, which are self tightening and have a 6mm nut:

11x4.5MR(ST)
11x4.5MRP(ST)

The above and the 10" versions can be purchased through Tower Hobbies, which has better pricing for shipping than APC direct.

I believe the reamer needs to be capable of 8mm to fit fully down onto the motor, iirc as I don't have stock motors. This is the metric reamer that I use.

Thanks for those product numbers. These apparently, are a different set with different hub dimensions than the ones I ordered (arrrggghhh).
The ones I ordered seem to be the (B4) variants (with no nuts included) and not the (ST) variant. I will give APC a shout and see about getting some of these.
This is the same reamer I have. It does make a good fit for the Solo motors shaft.

Thanks for those product numbers. These apparently, are a different set with different hub dimensions than the ones I ordered (arrrggghhh).
The ones I ordered seem to be the (B4) variants (with no nuts included) and not the (ST) variant. I will give APC a shout and see about getting some of these.
This is the same reamer I have. It does make a good fit for the Solo motors shaft.

11x4.5MR(ST)
11x4.5MRP(ST)

Hi, I got a 25+ minute flight(with Gimbal and Gopro) - using these props on my solo (plus a Li-ion 10,500 mAh battery, rather than the stock solo battery). Video here https://youtu.be/SxaS--CsXwA , but even with an old stock 3dr battery I got slightly longer flight times, and my sense was the solo was quieter and smoother.

Reactions: makatanav
Hi, I got a 25+ minute flight(with Gimbal and Gopro) - using these props on my solo (plus a Li-ion 10,500 mAh battery, rather than the stock solo battery). Video here https://youtu.be/SxaS--CsXwA , but even with an old stock 3dr battery I got slightly longer flight times, and my sense was the solo was quieter and smoother.

Heve you used also Master Airscrew ones? Interested is there's difference in sound and responsiveness.
Now flying with Master Airscrew, but looking for best (hawing extra weight)

Heve you used also Master Airscrew ones? Interested is there's difference in sound and responsiveness.
Now flying with Master Airscrew, but looking for best (hawing extra weight)

I've used
  1. Stock solo props
  2. Master airscrew - 10 x 4.5" (i.e. not the 3 blade, but the 2 blade)
  3. APC 11x4.5 Multirotor Self-Tightening Propellers APCLP11045MR
I should have done some comparable flight time tests to be sure, but never did. I probably will one day.. But my subjective view is/was that the APC 11x4.5 are quieter and smoother than the 10 x 4.5 when carrying larger-than normal weight (and I guess this probably is logical - as it helps offset higher prop RPMs to achieve the same amount of lift)

Reactions: makatanav
I've used
  1. Stock solo props
  2. Master airscrew - 10 x 4.5" (i.e. not the 3 blade, but the 2 blade)
  3. APC 11x4.5 Multirotor Self-Tightening Propellers APCLP11045MR
I should have done some comparable flight time tests to be sure, but never did. I probably will one day.. But my subjective view is/was that the APC 11x4.5 are quieter and smoother than the 10 x 4.5 when carrying larger-than normal weight (and I guess this probably is logical - as it helps offset higher prop RPMs to achieve the same amount of lift)

sounds great, looks like will make a try
mine 3DR Solo weight will be close to 2kg (~1950 grams I guess)

Reactions: Professorpip
I saw your video, impressive flight time. I use 800kv motors, stock are 880kv. My dense coastal air made using the 11" props a strain, at least based on sound. I did see a reduction in average amps levels, once up to speed or at hover. Others found improved flight time based on their Altitude and/or lack of air density, over the 10" variety. ymmv

IMHO, APC's are the bench mark prop for all others. Many have commented that the MAS are quieter. No question having a thicker prop profile will make for a quieter prop, less tip flutter. Why the thin stock props were so noisy, they have a very thin profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela