Best Buy Solo bundle $399

If you need a gimbal or battery, now's the time to pick an extra up from BB. They too are on sale for 99 bucks.

Well. After days of having the damn thing in my cart I ordered it. Now i have 3. I'm going to use one for acro. I'm sure it'll only be good for parts soon.

Reactions: SARDG and RichWest
Stopped tonight and picked up number three, this price can't get better or last? Still waiting on 3DR to respond to why I can't register my Solos.
Intresting...I have not tried to register. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3DR stopped using the registration process. I asked them how they handle warranty, they replied that you just needed to have the dated store receipt and serial number.

It really is a shame. People are way too enamored with questionably useful features, but it probably shouldn't come as a surprise with how people jump on every bandwagon that comes along - smartphones with 8 core processors, 4k monitors/TV's, 8k loop times on ESCs, you name it, it's happening in every industry. We've become a society of mindless consumers - ohhh, something new, I HAVE TO HAVE IT, my previous product is now JUNK!!!

The best feature of the Solo is the open nature, and Solex is a perfect example. I'm not saying Solo is/was without it's issues, but as a platform resistant to obsolescence, it does stand alone.
I agree with the openness. Even if 3DR folds somebody can develop for it. The only thing I am thinking we would need to do is tear down the battery to replace bad cells if 3DR no longer makes the battery. I always wondered why they did not make, Another battery for longer flight.

Too good of a deal to pass up. Even though I do not have a gopro, but have a clone (Firefly 6s) it is worth a shot

3DR stopped using the registration process. I asked them how they handle warranty, they replied that you just needed to have the dated store receipt and serial number.

Bellow is the response I got, looks as though they still do register the Solo?

Yazmin Ramirez
(3DR)

Sep 27, 9:50 AM PDT

Hello Harry,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Customer Support.

I hope you are having a great day; Please follow the next steps to register the Solo:

• Open the Solo App
  • Go to "Settings"
  • Tap on "Log In"
  • Tap on "Sign Up" (or "Login" if you already have a user)
  • Tap on "Register Solo"
Best Regards,

Yazmin Ramirez
3DR Success Services/Customer Support.
3D Robotics Inc.

Reactions: EROC
Bellow is the response I got, looks as though they still do register the Solo?

Yazmin Ramirez
(3DR)

Sep 27, 9:50 AM PDT

Hello Harry,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Customer Support.

I hope you are having a great day; Please follow the next steps to register the Solo:

• Open the Solo App
  • Go to "Settings"
  • Tap on "Log In"
  • Tap on "Sign Up" (or "Login" if you already have a user)
  • Tap on "Register Solo"
Best Regards,

Yazmin Ramirez
3DR Success Services/Customer Support.
3D Robotics Inc.
Thanks!!!

Reactions: Hyper
support for solos has not changed, Vu is still there
I bought my second back in July
it has 1 year warranty on it
they way solo 1 is flying though it may expire before I ever need to fly solo 2

Way cool Solo bundle number 2 showed up today and lucky me it has the gear extentions! Logging everything in and cataloging serial numbers.

H-

Way cool Solo bundle number 2 showed up today and lucky me it has the gear extentions! Logging everything in and cataloging serial numbers.

H-
My BB Solo did as well - but they're not tall enough for my liking. My BB Solo also had the Rev A GPS; that's 3 of my 4 that had Rev A.

My BB Solo did as well - but they're not tall enough for my liking. My BB Solo also had the Rev A GPS; that's 3 of my 4 that had Rev A.

I hear you there, I'm going to pull a mold from some stock feet and modify them at least 25mm. Not sure what I want to use as the finish material yet but will dig around in the shop as I know I have something that will work

3DR still sells the leg extensions, $5 a set. I just got 3 sets in about 5 days since ordering.....

Tubing of the correct ID, seems to improvise any length of extensions. Another member posted the solution, clear tubing from a hardware store....

I made a set from EVA foam used for DIY fishing rods, very light weight, but has a large surface area.

Reactions: Solo Keith
What made you decide to go with the 4 silver over the black? I need to upgrade too, but not sure which to go for.
I got the silver mostly because wal Mart had them on clearance for $299 when most places had them for $349. Also, I couldn't really justify the extra cost for the higher resolutions and frame rates that most people can't watch those videos in yet anyway. Plus I like that the silver has the screen because I use it many other places as well besides the solo. I think for the price and features I needed it was the best choice. Hope that helps.

Get a GP Hero 4 Black and be done with it, instead of asking later why certain features don't work on 'any other model you buy'.
I am hoping the prices will drop on the Hero4 Black or the Black Peau Productions or Backbone ribcage cameras.

Which camera would you buy?

Reactions: Ed.it.Ed
H4 black. If you watch ebay and amazon you can get a new one for less than 400. One of my H4 blacks was a new one from Ebay for $360 and the other was purchased used from amazon for $315. If you look in the general section there was a post there about refurbished H4 blacks with a one year warranty for around $380. You could always check local pawn shops as well if trying to save a few bucks but the H4 black probably won't drop much until the H5 has been around a while.

Get a GP Hero 4 Black and be done with it, instead of asking later why certain features don't work on 'any other model you buy'.
I currently have a Firefly 6s which has the port locations the same as the GP. All I am after at this time is FPV viewing. I understand there are features that don't work, but could you give me a run down on those features?

The firefly 6S doesnt actually have all the same ports. It is missing the rear slot, so you cant use it in the gimbal. Features you wont have would be start/stop recording and possibly setting access.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig