Best Buy Solo bundle $399

Refurb units were coming from 3DR for warranty replacement. Someone on here confirmed that about a month ago, and 3DR warranty likely says something to that effect.
Yes, that makes sense, but this was rumor of used Solos packaged and sold as new. I think it is just DJI shilling, My 2nd Solo was definitely new, even dataflash logs were empty. A BB employee would likely not know how to reset that. Arrghh just more crap us Solo owners have to deal with.

Last two I got from Best Buy were new. They would have to disclose otherwise, if not NEW.

I did receive an open box Solo from BestBuy .com once but that was most likely a mistake. It's happened even with B&H on other products. Sometimes stuff slips by.

I was told by BB manager they do not sell opened package drones. I'd assume, if they did, they would have to say something to that fact.

Both of my recent purchases were NIB from BB. Amazon or Ebay would be different case....

Refurb units were coming from 3DR for warranty replacement. Someone on here confirmed that about a month ago, and 3DR warranty likely says something to that effect.

Having recently gone through the RMA process with 3DR, I can confirm the above is indeed true. I was aware of this prior to receiving my replacement, as the warranty does indeed state that a like new, refurbished unit will be offered up. Additionally, correspondence with 3DR customer support also stated that a like new, refurbished unit would be on its way.

Reactions: SARDG
I got my second Solo from BB 2 days ago, and everything appears new. I paid $399.99 2 days ago, and then found it for $279.99 today on their website. I was so excited 2 days ago to get Solo #2, that I forgot to get the tv cable I went in for in the first place. So, I went back again today and got back the difference of $20 and change, got the cable for the tv I forgot the first trip, and got a gourmet Taco Bell lunch on the way home. Life is great.....:)

I bought my 4th Solo/gimbal on this deal on Sep 26. I'm thinking of returning it and hoping that 3 kits are enough. Any encouragement either way is welcome. :)

I bought my 4th Solo/gimbal on this deal on Sep 26. I'm thinking of returning it and hoping that 3 kits are enough. Any encouragement either way is welcome. :)
I bought a fifth (Solo, that is ;)) and returned it unopened after 2 weeks. I had to reel myself in.

Since you are only talking about your 4th... better keep it! :D

I took my receipt into BB tonight to recover the 20 bucks in price difference. The clerk told me they would not refund me the difference because it was sold as a bundle.
So, I guess I'll return it. She also told me there is going to be another price drop but couldn't say when. I'll take it back tomorrow and wait for the next drop.

I took my receipt into BB tonight to recover the 20 bucks in price difference. The clerk told me they would not refund me the difference because it was sold as a bundle.
So, I guess I'll return it. She also told me there is going to be another price drop but couldn't say when. I'll take it back tomorrow and wait for the next drop.
Yeah... so they refund the 20 bucks on the "bundle" - just like they've done for me and maybe a dozen others on here. BUT, did you get this at the store - if so, see the manager for your $20. If you ordered online, call CS and they'll be happy to credit the difference. Or, as you said, return and roll the dice on another price drop...

Yeah... so they refund the 20 bucks on the "bundle" - just like they've done for me and maybe a dozen others on here. BUT, did you get this at the store - if so, see the manager for your $20. If you ordered online, call CS and they'll be happy to credit the difference. Or, as you said, return and roll the dice on another price drop...
I bought it the store. I'm going to take it all back today and return it.

I bought it the store. I'm going to take it all back today and return it.
That's what's insane... you can return it, then go over to the shelf or get online and order one for $379. That's why they simply credit your account - they credited mine for $100 on my 4th Solo, then I returned my 5th ($379) Solo. I think the clerk needs a little training.

WOW it's back to $399.00 but no more bundle that's just the Solo and controller! I'm wondering if the bundle wasn't a mistake?!!
Glad I got my three when I did!
H-

They have flash sales. When I walked out with Solo #3, the guy at the door mentioned they had a flash sale on the xCraft for $600 a day or two prior. This VTOL is normally $1500. The Solo bundle sale will come back...once the supply chain is replenished for in store pick up.

Hey guys, I am trying to either prove or disprove a rumor I have heard. There is a rumor that some people are receiving "new" Solos only to find out they actually received a used or refurb unit. Has anyone else actually heard this, or been a victim to this?

Thanks
3 for 3 all new

So I called yesterday and they are processing a 20$ credit for each of the Solos I bought. Today they moved the price back to 399.99$, and it looks like the price does not include an extra battery, gimble, or prop set. Looks like a moving target.

So I called yesterday and they are processing a 20$ credit for each of the Solos I bought. Today they moved the price back to 399.99$, and it looks like the price does not include an extra battery, gimble, or prop set. Looks like a moving target.
They wouldn't give me a 20.00 dollar refund. They told me because it was bundled. So I returned it completely. I'll wait for the next drop.

I Guess Blame Canada !
BestBuy.ca Vs BestBuy.com

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 19
Best Buy has Solo, Gimbal, extra battery, Backpack and 2 extra props for 499 (10/8/2016). Amazon selling Solo and Gimbal for 484.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo