WTF happened to this drone? It just fell...

Look I'm just trying to help you I'm taking my time to help you because it's not just helping you its helping me to get to know more about drone

But believe it or not you should check your motor make sure thniat they are running properly. And I will try to make a video of how you can test your motors. And if your motors are good the last thing I can think is that a very strong winds hit your drone. I mean just imagine how strong are the winds they have the power to flip a big cargo tracks and make nutural disasters Imagen what will do to your drone.
No. Still wrong. Literally everything you have said in this thread is complete non-sense crap. You have no clue what you're talking about. Again, go back and actually look at the real facts, logs, and huge pictures.

Trying to help is great. But ignoring literally everything that has already been said and done in this thread, and coming up with blind, uninformed assumptions is NOT HELPING.

picard-facepalm.jpg
reverse-1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

I've got more questions... Check this nonsense out. Can anyone explain why it just resets the camera when I'm filming?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Otherwise it seems to fly fine. Sometimes it's a little wobbly when hovering in LOITER, but nothing really alarming probably just compensating for wind. It still gets up to there pretty good.

Ok please just let me guide to this motor test. I know we all trying to find out what cus this issue we are all like FBI trying to figure out a crime but at the end we will find out who's wrong and whose right. I won't be able to upload the video until later because I'm very busy working on my AC junit on my property.

Throwing another hypothesis in the mix:

What if it wasn't a hardware malfunction? Under these flight conditions, going down a hill (up- or downdraft on the hill) with a high descend rate, it is not unlikely the aircraft got into its own downwash, i.e. it went into vortex ring state. Subsequently the aircraft started to tumble. The EKF couldn't keep up with this and spit out errors.

Low throttle input might have been necessary to achieve the descend rate. Or it was just after loss of control due to the fright. I didn't have a chance to look at the logs to check the exact timing of events.

I have no proof for this. This is pure speculation.

No responses to this?

Ok one question if you dont believe what everyone else is saying. I'm just curious have you figured out then what really happened to the drone.

know we all trying to find out what cus this issue...
No, we're not. Because it has already been solved A WEEK AGO. On page one. There is nothing left to solve. It was an open and shut case, solved and closed. Done. Over.

Ok perfect then I won't bother you anymore. Good luck and let's keep having fun out there flying this amazing drones.

To be honest, I still don't understand the signal loss before it dropped. That one is a bit of a mystery.

I would check out the motor test video. Sounds like not a bad thing to see anyway.

The video I posted above is from a flight today of my friends slowboarding down the mountain, so it still seems to work fine besides the stupid gimbal.

you guys actually hoof it to the top ?.....wow......well ...at least it is free skiing......& hopefully free of avalanches....looks like a lot of fun........great way to keep in shape.......what a hike up.....awesome country.....

Reactions: Randy
you guys actually hoof it to the top ?.....wow......well ...at least it is free skiing......& hopefully free of avalanches....looks like a lot of fun........great way to keep in shape.......what a hike up.....awesome country.....
We do it for the dogs.. Definitely not for the face shots. It's snowing again, guess we'll have to go do it again tomorrow. I might even take the drone with me this time so I don't have any possibilities of poor signal and gimbal glitches.

In regards to the hard stuff. I have been reading up on extracting my dataflash logs and I haven't yet determined the simplest way to do it. Is there an app that I can put on my Shield to simplify this process and keep it all on my dedicated dronie tablet?

Sputnik, I just posted hopefully a complete guide to downloading and analyzing your dataflash logs. It's not too difficult if you can reasonably navigate around a computer. I just walked through it myself with my Solo and it worked great. Try "Auto Analysis" first, as it may give you a quick answer to your questions. Let me know if you try it and it works. It's in the "Help" section of the forum, but here's the link:

Downloading and Analyzing Solo Logs

Max

Reactions: sputnik378
Ok one question if you dont believe what everyone else is saying. I'm just curious have you figured out then what really happened to the drone.

Abraham,
Your input is valued, so don't be discouraged. There is often many folks providing an opinion and without a basis it tends to just confuse the issue. In this case hrough careful analysis of the data the likely cause was identified. Keep in mind, these brushless outrunner motors are very simple devices, either they work, or they don't work. If it were a motor failure that caused the copter to fall, it would not have recovered and (almost) returned to home before hitting the trees. It is also very helpful to read the whole thread before jumping in on the last page. Some ground just isn't worth re-plowing.

Will be a few days. The power cord on my Surface died and the battery is dead now.
I'll be here. Got nothing but time... I'm going to film some more skiing tomorrow. It just keeps snowing here! Seems like it happens every spring like this.

So here's a very quick look at what was going on inside your Solo. I suspect P2P's first call of low throttle seems to be it based on a quick look.

Here's the "Throttle In" graph, which shows your throttle input. Notice the dip to zero just before all went haywire. I added the yellow arrows to focus on the issue.

Throttle In.jpg
The spikes just beyond it reflects the Solo scrambling to recover.

Looking at the current graph, below, it shows the drop in current to the motors at that time.
Current.jpg

And to rule out GPS issues, here's the plot of the GPS HDOP and number of satellites.
GPS.jpg

And lastly, below is the plot of your radio channel 3, which I assume is your throttle channel. The channel 3 input is the red plot on top, and your throttle input plot is the green line below it for comparison. The channel 3 plot doesn't seem to dip as far down as the throttle, but it does still dip at that point.
RC In Throttle.jpg

I may be wrong and I welcome others' assessment, but that's my take after a few quick looks. And it's too bad, if that tree wasn't in the way you could have gotten away Scott free!

Reactions: sputnik378
So here's a very quick look at what was going on inside your Solo. I suspect P2P's first call of low throttle seems to be it based on a quick look.

Here's the "Throttle In" graph, which shows your throttle input. Notice the dip to zero just before all went haywire. I added the yellow arrows to focus on the issue.

View attachment 5801
The spikes just beyond it reflects the Solo scrambling to recover.

Looking at the current graph, below, it shows the drop in current to the motors at that time.
View attachment 5802

And to rule out GPS issues, here's the plot of the GPS HDOP and number of satellites.
View attachment 5803

And lastly, below is the plot of your radio channel 3, which I assume is your throttle channel. The channel 3 input is the red plot on top, and your throttle input plot is the green line below it for comparison. The channel 3 plot doesn't seem to dip as far down as the throttle, but it does still dip at that point.
View attachment 5804

I may be wrong and I welcome others' assessment, but that's my take after a few quick looks. And it's too bad, if that tree wasn't in the way you could have gotten away Scott free!

I really like the gotten away Scott free part. Who is this Scott anyway? Sounds like a lucky fellow. Speaking of which, I feel pretty lucky overall with the outcome of this crash as all I lost was a set of props.

It looks to me that the channel 3 dip is indeed when I had the crash, however it looks barely lower than the closest low point on the graph, which still makes me wonder a bit. I feel like I would have felt the stick bottom out which I never did.

This begs the question I had earlier about changing the parameters of stabilize mode so that I cannot hit that low threshold no matter what. I'm looking for max recoverable descent rate or whatever that would be called.

I am also curious if the dataflash will tell if one of the 4 motors dropped more than the others. Explaining the roll...

The most unexplained part to me is why I lost signal when it started falling, that I simply don't get. I was standing not too far from the crash site, and my signal was strong then my screen went to straight interference I saw nothing of the crash. I then went full throttle for a few seconds and tapped RTL a few times while saying a prayer.

Thank you very much for your assessment, I am actually really glad that this happened the way it did as I am currently learning a lot about Solo.

Here is your desired roll versus actual roll. With no motor power is could no longer control the stability of the aircraft

Attachments

• 15.png
    15.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc