Who flies his SOLO without any mods?

Reaction score
I wonder how many people in this forum, has its SOLO working perfectly without any modification? Including cables, antennas, software mods. Without gimbal vibration problems, no video latency or delay, no gps GPS or signal problems. Some lucky guy?

I wonder how many people in this forum, has its SOLO working perfectly without any modification? Including cables, antennas, software mods. Without gimbal vibration problems, no video latency or delay, no gps GPS or signal problems. Some lucky guy?
With the 1000s that are out there, I'm sure you would be surprised. Probably over 90% of Solo owners have never been on this or any other forum. And a lot of videos from first flights are online. Many people tend to look at online forums and think it is representative of the market in general. But it is those that are typically having an issue of some type that will go online to look for answers. Not the ones that are using their product and satisfied. Mine was from the first shipments in June and I flew mine for many weeks as is without issue and though I had not lost signal, I decided to get the FPVLR for stronger signal in noisy environments. Have not done any Gimbal mods and didn't even remove the battery tray to install. Just watched the 3DR install video and installed as is and happy with the performance. Still running the original props which I balanced from the beginning as I have always done with my MRs.

Mine flies perfectly in my case without any problems. Its only problem is in the gimbal that continues to generate a lot of vibration and I have delayed video signal.

No mods on mine. I have not experienced the vibration issue. I purchased that aftermarket cable but never felt the need to install it.

Reactions: brunoferreiro
Uh, I guess I'm one of them. I'm all for the mods, but I'm too busy (or too lazy :) ) to bother. That's what the Iris+ is for.

I've NEVER had the GPS issue. The gimbal is suitably smooth that any vibration can be cleaned up in post without bothering to mod the Solo. I keep meaning to balance the props but haven't had the need (or the time).

I did have to uninstall and reinstall a gimbal once. Also I had to completely replace a gimbal on my second Solo. It was supposed to be the back up unit, but I ended up using it in Iceland for personal stuff and it got thrashed pretty hard after a week of high winds, dicey landings on uneven terrain, and bouncing around in the back of a truck.

In case for susceptible and solo fans, the intention of this post is just to make an analysis of the product according to each owner and see the number of people with similar problems and soloutions. No intention of complaining without any sense.

In case for susceptible and solo fans, the intention of this post is just to make an analysis of the product according to each owner and see the number of people with similar problems and soloutions. No intention of complaining without any sense.
I think this was done as a Poll not long ago here.

Mine's vanilla.
I did have to do a factory reset after the 1.3 update, but that was possibly because I first ran it with the hard-mount for the camera.

neX:)

I'm guilty, my Mods are a Solo...it was going that way prior to being purchased. What the platform was designed to be, at least from my perspective.

On the other hand, I love the possibility to make changes. My point is more on the side of those without that option have received a product that will function 100%. One thing is to make changes, another is self repair things to make them work

I posted this the other day...but check out this mod... and yes, its a Solo:

A5Page21024x724.jpg

I'll admit I've been wondering how ducting rings would work out with Solo. The large prop size (and therefore much lower rpm of the rotors) would reduce usuable airflow by quite a bit, but it still seems as if very well-fitted shrouds could increase lift quite a bit

On the other hand, I love the possibility to make changes. My point is more on the side of those without that option have received a product that will function 100%. One thing is to make changes, another is self repair things to make them work
My apologies, seems I redirected the thread off topic. Yes, how many do not have to mod?

With the 1000s that are out there, I'm sure you would be surprised. Probably over 90% of Solo owners have never been on this or any other forum. And a lot of videos from first flights are online. Many people tend to look at online forums and think it is representative of the market in general. But it is those that are typically having an issue of some type that will go online to look for answers. Not the ones that are using their product and satisfied. Mine was from the first shipments in June and I flew mine for many weeks as is without issue and though I had not lost signal, I decided to get the FPVLR for stronger signal in noisy environments. Have not done any Gimbal mods and didn't even remove the battery tray to install. Just watched the 3DR install video and installed as is and happy with the performance. Still running the original props which I balanced from the beginning as I have always done with my MRs.
can you tell me how the FPVLR is this installed is it easy any pictures you could possibly show, thanks

can you tell me how the FPVLR is this installed is it easy any pictures you could possibly show, thanks
It's no more difficult than using the stock antennas. The antenna leads just attach at the same points as the stock antennas.

All stock. Received in mid August. Flys out from 1200 to 4400 feet on stock antennas in low WiFi areas depending on terrain. Only see vibration at high speeds. Have Alpha Panels and FPVLR if longer range is required. I've range tested Alpha and FPVLR with similar results. $20 vs $130.

Only done the upgrades in software..
Gotta level calibrate for the gimble now and again, use the Alpha att for longer flights... Flys like a dream...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44