Where is this morning update 3DR?!

At the moment I don't think the betas are generally open to people outside 3DR.

And by the same token, you would think customers would stop taking release dates as written in stone. This isn't a toaster they're building, it's a very complex aircraft. Bugs are a reality of software development. Maybe I'm just used to it, every release of the main application I make my living with includes dozens upon dozens of bugs, some rendering major new functionality unusable, some making the whole application unstable... but I still somehow manage to make a living using it. In a perfect world, this wouldn't happen, because in a perfect world, they'd have all the time they need to fully test the product.

We're not willing to wait for the time it takes to ensure a product is 100% perfect in every way, and a company couldn't stay in business without revenue long enough to develop such a product, so every product is compromised to a greater or lesser degree. That's just reality.

If it takes them a few more days or weeks to ensure there are no show stopper bugs, so be it. In the end, rushing out an update with bugs just to meet some arbitrary deadline does more harm than good.

Just my 2 cents...
I think at this point, we take anything that 3DR says with a grain of salt. At least I do.

They haven't met one single deadline they have set for themselves. Not one.
I find the defense of that just as silly as 3DR's inability to meet a self set deadline or release date.
I'm not angry, just seeing it for what it is, IMO.

Customer: When will it be ready?
Company: When it's ready.
Customer: Can you give me a date?
Company: Not really.
Customer: Please give me a date.
Customer 2: Please give me a date.
Customer 3: Please give me a date.
Customer 4: Please give me a date.
Customer 17: Please give me a date.
Customer 32: Please give me a date.
Company: Ok, ok, it should be out xx/xx/xx

xx/xx/xx comes and goes without update

Customer: WHY DO YOU GIVE OUT DATES IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM!!??!!??!!?

;)
Yes, that is funny.
But if you are implying that the release dates are given simply to appease the customer, then I have even less respect for 3DR.

Reactions: SloppyDingo
Received this in an email from 3DR

Today we released a new update, who will fix the following:

NEW FIRMWARE UPDATES

· Smoother gimbal performance at all tilt angles

· Improved gimbal initialization

· New gimbal motor protection algorithm

· Networking improvements to increase range in crowded environments

· Automatically shut down the GoPro with Solo’s power button

· Smoother controls in and out of Smart Shots

· General reliability improvements

The update that will be released on the 15th will have the ability to change settings on the GoPro.

Good news everybody new update is out hopefully the update goes smoother for you guys then it did for me, now what they should have told me was not today but tomorrow rather than the 15th. Time for a test drive!!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I still don't have preset tilt control during smart shots. :(

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Software testing is always aimed for a date, but if you find bugs or issues, they need to be tackled. It's that simple. Whenever you make a code change, you have to regression test, even one line of code means testing all the key features again to make sure there's been no unexpected consequence.
I agree Ian, there can always be a glitch with one miscalculation. Then must be retested. I believe in 3DR and their mission and would much rather wait and give them time to make great advancements with the SOLO so we can get the best of the best as it is designed to be.

3DR has already said the purpose of SOLO was to be future proof
One of the main selling points for me was it is "future proof". While it's natural and I fully understand it, I still hate it when I buy something and 6 months later, an improved model comes out. I'm not rich and there is no way I would or could justify spending another grand on an improved model, be it a drone, or iPad, etc., at least not within a couple years. Knowing that I can spend a reasonable amount to improve the one I got is #1 in my book. As long as 3DR holds to that, I can ignore nonsense complaints like having to wait a little longer for the gimbal or software updates.
P.S. My replacement gimbal came yesterday. Took about 3 weeks, but it's brand new. The one I crashed had at least a broken connector off the pc board, but who knows what else might have been damaged. Getting a free replacement for something that was my fault? Who can complain about that?

Stick with 3DR and you won't be let down with the advancements they have made and the future to come to be ahead of the competition. I have no plans to purchase elsewhere.

Reactions: bjswx
They are not fixing the bugs....they are working in a new video showcasing beautiful beaches.....and spending money were is not needed.

They are not fixing the bugs....they are working in a new video showcasing beautiful beaches.....and spending money were is not needed.
I'm going to repectefully completely disagree with your statement. The bugs are being addressed and the product is becoming more reliable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M