What the best non-gopro camera and gimbal for the Solo 3dr?

Yes I did get it. I've been warning people NOT to buy it ever since. Fortunately I was able to sell it on ebay and recovered the money I spent on it. Since then I've found a Gopro camera on ebay with a broken back screen... Basically a Silver with a broken back screen works just like a Black but without the 4k 30fps, and why do you need a screen when you plug it in to a Solo and can't see it anyway? I Just checked and there is one up on ebay right now for $119.

What inexpensive drone would you advise me to get? I know I can not afford a expensive one until I get my check.one in the one hundred to one fifty price range is all I can afford right now.as I'm just learning how to operate one I need One that's durable. I have had the skyviper drones and just didn't like them plus it seemed to take forever to charge up and only had a 5-7 min. flight time.not enough time to learn about how to fly a drone. Hunter
Bugs 3 drone I love it about 90 bucks on ebay

Yes I did get it. I've been warning people NOT to buy it ever since. Fortunately I was able to sell it on ebay and recovered the money I spent on it. Since then I've found a Gopro camera on ebay with a broken back screen... Basically a Silver with a broken back screen works just like a Black but without the 4k 30fps, and why do you need a screen when you plug it in to a Solo and can't see it anyway? I Just checked and there is one up on ebay right now for $119.
Woah woah! I have a 8s on its way! Are you saying it won't work with solo on stock gimbal? Please say otherwise...

Woah woah! I have a 8s on its way! Are you saying it won't work with solo on stock gimbal? Please say otherwise...

The Eken H9 is an exact fit for the Solo manual mount, bottoms and HDMI in the same position. The Eken video is almost as good as the GoPro it doesn't have remote controls you have with the GoPro 3/4 but it's only $50. It will fit the Solo gimbal with a spacer in back. Anyone not buying the $50 Solo gimbal is probably kicking themselves now that the gimbal cost as much as the Solo, that will probably limit the gimbal price, and will be available until Solo slowly fades (like all do to new innovation ). Then only you collectors will be left.

The Eken H9 is an exact fit for the Solo manual mount, bottoms and HDMI in the same position. The Eken video is almost as good as the GoPro it doesn't have remote controls you have with the GoPro 3/4 but it's only $50. It will fit the Solo gimbal with a spacer in back. Anyone not buying the $50 Solo gimbal is probably kicking themselves now that the gimbal cost as much as the Solo, that will probably limit the gimbal price, and will be available until Solo slowly fades (like all do to new innovation ). Then only you collectors will be left.

I have H9R on order for a friend. Will try it on Solo before handing over. H9R have remote. Not sure about range bur certainly not far

I have H9R on order for a friend. Will try it on Solo before handing over. H9R have remote. Not sure about range bur certainly not far
I've ordered the Eken V8s -- Not sure if it's related but it couldn't record AND send HDMI feed back for FPV. this one was one of the higher end cameras that was based on an Ambarella A12. I sent it back.

If anyone is looking for a Gopro Silver -- I have one for $120. The only thing that doesn't work is the wifi, but it has a 4.3 mm lens installed. I can post a link to a demo of the camera.

Have you actually gotten the Eken H9 to work with the Solo? I bought one of these at Microcenter last week because it was on sale for $39 and the specs looked great. But I would return the thing if Microcenter wasn't a 45 minute drive. I have found that the camera becomes very unstable with an HDMI cable connected to it. Often the video just freezes. Sometimes I can manage to get live video from HDMI, but it seems to take a combination of settings and also the right ordering of connecting HDMI and powering it on, and possible a short prayer. I looked into firmware updates and concluded that mine is running the latest. Bummer.

No. The Eken I had (V8) fit perfectly to include the hdmi cable. Mine wouldn't even play HDMI and record at the same time. Shame it has a great chip installed in the Ambarella A12 -- other cameras based on the A12 will record and send HDMI so this clearly was sloppy firmware. It seems Eken puts good hardware so that the specs look good, but the firmware stinks. Even the firmware settings were very limited, you couldn't set the EV, set different frame rates, iso etc. -- I would have been disappointed even if I wasn't using the camera in a Solo.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I was also told by a gentle man yesterday that you no longer have to register a drone if its hobby/ recreational and under 55 pounds. He said the FAA lost that case.can you tell me if this is true. I live in N.M. so I don't know if he was talking nationwide or just state by state. As I'm new to the drone community I would like to find out.thank you. Hunter
Unfortunately, that rule is now a law again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea