what is 3DR up to in Australia?????????

Reaction score
I tried to buy one a new solo from riseabove, one of their premium dealers here, and they told me they were told by 3DR that all sales of Solo in australia have been suspended until further notice....

Can anyone provide any details on this and what that could mean for us here???

I had heard on the grapevine that the ACCC have requested a forced recall of Solo drones bought through online retailer Kogan due apparently to non-compliance issues, but nothing else seemed to come of it.

yeah everyone knows Kogan operates in grey channel, hong kong stock is always going to be dubious. shame that I cant get another bird when I need one today, after a little crasharoo, or even a set of blades, as no one is even allowed to sell accessories either.

havent officially tried them as yet. they arent really competitive on their advertised pricing, and yes I know they will do a deal instore, but only if a competitor is able to sell the same product, and at the moment it appears they cant. There was a "VIP" event at the local HN store this evening, and if I could establish a competitors pricing I would have gone down there to get it sorted out. Even videopro have refused to sell me stuff. I am waiting to hear back from sphere when their office opens in the morning thanks to daylight saving clashing with when I emailed them. The Solo owners group on FB confirmed that stock is on hold pending announcement on Friday and maybe it will return to normal next week. Obviously that doesnt exactly help, and the funny thing was the admin of that page suggested that even if Solo was no longer offered in australia, that it would increase the value of our product based on it suddenly assuming the status of 'rare'. hahaha, he must think its like a mercedes SL gullwing. I give up sometimes.

spoke to the guys at Sphere, they said they can fulfill orders of accessories (not chargers) but cant sell anything that is a Solo that requires something to charge it with in the package. it is all to do with the chargers being non-compliant with australian standards apparently, so watch out potentially for a recall notice on the bird and controller battery chargers, that is possibly the next thing to come.

Well a recall at full price would be nice so i could rebuy a cheap one :)

I am in the NT right now for work and took my solo as carry-on luggage.

I am getting as much b-roll as i can and loving it. Even though the solo is large, and has a (moderatly) terrible flight time, AND the batteries are still full price in AU i still love it. I have the mrobotics gps waiting for me at home.

I will have a mavic in 4 or so days but at this point i still count my Solo as my main bird (poor disco pro been shelved).

Link - no post at Bluey Rockhole NT
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154766461408033&id=747213032

I am in the NT right now for work and took my solo as carry-on luggage.

I am getting as much b-roll as i can and loving it. Even though the solo is large, and has a (moderatly) terrible flight time, AND the batteries are still full price in AU i still love it. I have the mrobotics gps waiting for me at home.

I will have a mavic in 4 or so days but at this point i still count my Solo as my main bird (poor disco pro been shelved).

Link - no post at Bluey Rockhole NT
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154766461408033&id=747213032

at least batteries and accessories are getting a little cheaper now... 199 for batteries and gimbals and backpacks etc 60 for motor pods... thats probably acceptable in the current market...

However back to the original thread, 3DR australia is STILL not allowing resellers to sell their stock - no further reason or update to the progress of whatever their original reason was... it is pretty frustrating!!

its now over half way through the day on monday and still no word from 3DR as to whether they will allow further sales of solo here anywhere in australia. the longer this drags on with no updated info on why and how, or even what impact this has on existing solo's sold here for the last year or so, the more amateur they appear as a corporate entity.

has anyone heard anything as to when this might get fixed up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc