what is 3DR up to in Australia?????????

I have an eye on the australian recalls page but nothing has come up about it

I think it would be more that Australian retailers are required to provide ongoing warranty and support for products. If 3dr are no longer in the business they can't offer that guarantee and cannot legally sell the product.

apparently the story goes it doesnt affect existing owners like us. I cant quite fathom how that can be the case, if there is a compliance issue relating to the standard of the product, as our gear will be exactly the same as the current unsold stuff that is not being allowed to be sold... nonetheless, I have a reasonable degree of confidence in the quality of the solo, and with a few GPS mods as outlined in this forum it appears to be quite a stable platform. once the dust from this settles and assuming that there is no recall action by the distributor, I will go ahead and get the M8N GPS units and the new shields and a whole heap of bits and pieces to keep it flying for the long haul. are you guys also going to do the same?

Test flight still on the cards, i am sure it will be great.

Latest news - 3DR cannot sell australian Solo drones or controllers until the 14th december at the earliest. 3DR will kill their business here if this continues.

well... the 14th is here and basically finished. its now 7.10pm eastern standard time and no word from 3DR as to when they are going to resume sales of solos in australia, or even if they are even allowed to do so... no sales = no revenue = presumably no further interest... is this the way that the whole solo business eventually gets wound up globally and we are just the first cab off the rank??

Any updates with this? - I bought mine from Kogan and just received email - states that it is going to take them at least a couple of months to obtain approval for new components.

Any updates with this? - I bought mine from Kogan and just received email - states that it is going to take them at least a couple of months to obtain approval for new components.

not heard anything yet. apparently the decisions have to come from HQ in the states. Kogan solos have been in product recall since end of October. We can still buy components for Solo from various retailers around australia but not the bird nor the controller. something is going on behind the scenes here and the lack of communication is more than a little disturbing. What are 3DR so scared of telling us??

I have a spare Solo in Brisbane. If you are desperate I will sell it. I am not actively trying to sell it but I get where you are coming from when you drone gets taken off you. Its new in box and was to be a spare but I am struggling with no boat mode. I had to keep going back to shore to launch for this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just post below if you want and we will work out some contact details. Cheers.

How come these guys are still selling? 3DR Solo

they arent selling. they have "no stock" available to send out. I have spoken to them over the phone as well as on their live chat window. its the same story as every other retailer, they have stock there, but officially they have "no stock" as they had to provide a stock count to 3DR prior to the original letter from the distributor being sent. so yes they have stock but no you cant get it.

That's weird, i was still able to place it into the shopping cart and go up to the point just before paying... Surly they should prevent that..

yes it is strange. many things are with this whole sorry episode. maybe they would call you after paying and say sorry you might have to wait a while so dont hold your breath waiting for it to arrive. Not even that phillip rowse bloke is willing to shed any light on this. all he says is he cant say much. go figure.

It appears, according to Phillip Rowse and a few other sources, that whatever was happening is now over, and solos can again be sold in Oz

Pretty much, yea. A certificate was needed to approve the electrical power units that charge the batteries. You may be able to buy one today; I'm just guessing about things needing to settle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela