Reaction score
Hey there, this is my first time on this thread, and I rarely ever use forums, but I have a question about solo that their website doesnt seem to answer, and maybe you good people could! Okay, 3dr says that if solo goes out of range, it uses the gps to return home. And, it also says that if the gps goes down, it switches to manual control.

SO here's the kicker. Anybody know what solo would do if it went out of range AND lost GPS signal? Would it just hover where it is? Land? I can't find the answer on 3DR's website. I understand the chances of that happening are extremely slim, but I just really like to know the protocols of every possible situation with my drone. If any of you have any info on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Jared

It would hover, but drift with the wind. Then when the battery fail safe kicks in, it would land.

Hey there, this is my first time on this thread, and I rarely ever use forums, but I have a question about solo that their website doesnt seem to answer, and maybe you good people could! Okay, 3dr says that if solo goes out of range, it uses the gps to return home. And, it also says that if the gps goes down, it switches to manual control.

SO here's the kicker. Anybody know what solo would do if it went out of range AND lost GPS signal? Would it just hover where it is? Land? I can't find the answer on 3DR's website. I understand the chances of that happening are extremely slim, but I just really like to know the protocols of every possible situation with my drone. If any of you have any info on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Jared
If Solo loses GPS and controller signal it will go into 'Land' mode where it is.

Which one of these is correct?
It definitely will land- if you can't tell it where to go, and it can't figure out where it is or how to get home, what else could it do?
So 3DR programmed a fail safe to land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo