What are you using as your tablet? - Another Poll

What type of Tablet are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nvidia shield , i like it but for whtevr reason, it is not recording flights to camera roll? Anyone else? It also seems like solo isnt charging my GPhero4.... Everything is updated...
Are u starting the recording on your Shield? When I use mine & wanna save to camera roll, I use the drop down menu & hit share & then record. Don't forget to press stop when finished or it'll keep recording. It's also mic'd so you'll hear whatever sounds that are around you @ the time. It's pretty cool when Solo is approaching from a distance

Are u starting the recording on your Shield? When I use mine & wanna save to camera roll, I use the drop down menu & hit share & then record. Don't forget to press stop when finished or it'll keep recording. It's also mic'd so you'll hear whatever sounds that are around you @ the time. It's pretty cool when Solo is approaching from a distance
Hi, I was just using the "record to camera roll" menu setting within the SOLO app, and then was looking for the files in the Shields gallery and they werent there....after my previous post , I downloaded a file manager app (since there is not one on stock Nvidia), and was then able to find the files.....but what the heck?! Why werent they visible in the SHields main gallery? (because they reside in a different folder for whatver reason).... anyway , all is well now.

Thank you for explaining how the Shields video screencap "share" thing works, I had read about it, and that was one of the reasons I chose to buy the Shield,,but I have yet to use it because I hadn't figured out how...and now that I see the record to camera roll function is working properly, I will prbly stick with that method for capturing flight footage proxies... All in all, I am happy with my Shield purchase $200 android 6.x

Reactions: Solo Keith
Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Tab A 10.1"

Run Solo or Solex and Tower on the other.

This may be off topic but how are you connecting to data on a wifi only Nvidia tablet? I bought a Galaxy Tab A today to replace my iPhone 6S for use on the Solo only. My plan was to run Solex on the Tab A and just tether to my iPhone for the data needs. This however doesn't work. When the Tab A is connected to SoloLink via WiFi it won't allow me to provide internet access to it via Bluetooth.

I tried downloading Google Maps for off line use, they are there when I open Google, but both 3DR and Solex do not see them.

Do other tablets allow a tether via bluetooth while connected to wifi?

This may be off topic but how are you connecting to data on a wifi only Nvidia tablet? I bought a Galaxy Tab A today to replace my iPhone 6S for use on the Solo only. My plan was to run Solex on the Tab A and just tether to my iPhone for the data needs. This however doesn't work. When the Tab A is connected to SoloLink via WiFi it won't allow me to provide internet access to it via Bluetooth.

I tried downloading Google Maps for off line use, they are there when I open Google, but both 3DR and Solex do not see them.

Not an Android and is referencing connecting to another type of device, but the principal seems logical. Also, starting with Android 5.0 and above, my understanding is that if a Wi-Fi connection does not provide Internet, it defaults to using LTE or Cellular.

How to stay connected to internet via LTE or cellular connection while paired to jamstik over WiFi

Also, on my new Samsung Tab A 10.1 (just released) I have confirmed that when connected to my Solo I still have Internet via LTE. It updates Google Maps in my apps.

iPad 2 full size. With 5 min of work it fits right into the existing tablet holder

I received my Samsung Tab A today, I found I had to change settings on my phone (HTC One). Meaning, connect Tab A to solo wifi, pair Bluetooth of Tab A and HTC, then I have a setting on my phone to "allow Bluetooth devices to access the internet ". So more of a phone thing rather than the Samsung. In my case anyway. Not sure how/if Apple has similar settings.

I didn't modify the iPad. I unscrewed the stock tablet holder and with a file made the two grooves 5mm longer. The jaws now slide far enough apart to fit the iPad.
Sorry, I should have clarified that I was curious how people modified the holder. What grooves are you talking about?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig