Weird rth

Reaction score
hit almost 3000 ft today when I decided to
Fly back. Upon doing so at 1100 ft controller signal lost and rth activates. I never regained signal until after the drone landed. Never seen that before. I was using the Alfa and rssi was at .60 the whole way.

Did it reconnect when it landed? Or not until rebooting? I have had one instance where this happened. It seemed like the WiFi card locked up or something of the sort.

p2p never did until i rebooted it. it was first time flying on my android tablet so i was worried. my iphone i have it set to r2m vs rth. she was 2 ft from original take off so wasn't too bad.

Did you change it back to RTH with your android device? RTM in the 3DR Solo android application is broken and must not be used. It works in Solex on Android though. I don't think that would have anything to do with the incident though.

The RTM is dependent on the device GPS, that could explain it.
Could be the reconnect process when in RTM requires a fix from the device GPS and that never occured

Sid, I had that happen once before. Could not do anything with it until I shut Solo down and back on.

I was very happy I got a good GPS lock before takeoff that time!

Was using 3DR app on an iPad mini 3. Never happened again.

Sid, I had that happen once before. Could not do anything with it until I shut Solo down and back on.

I was very happy I got a good GPS lock before takeoff that time!

Was using 3DR app on an iPad mini 3. Never happened again.

Were you by chance using Return To Me when this happened? There might be a pattern developing.

no it was android tablet and it was set to RTH. never had that happen on my iphone... don't think that makes a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig