Weight

Reaction score
Im working on making my solo moisture proof. Ie, flying in snowy conditions, light/medium rain, heavy fog. Etc.

I already have the moisture proof part figured out. Thanks to Silicone conformal coating

But now I'm running into the problem of my waterproof GoPro case being a little too much for the drone to want to carry.

Started moving forward pretty fast and it wanted to drop a little bit

So my question is
Will the t 22**-12 900kv motors be the best option to get more power out of the props (saw someone posting about doing a motor swap with those but never posted an update on how it went.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20170610_162715.jpgIMG_20170610_162706.jpg

I have not. It honestly just decided it wanted to drop altitude a little when I went forward. Not full throttle but almost at fastest setting.
It was probably my error, to be honest. But I would still like to upgrade the motors and hopefully not have that happen again. We can't post videos here or I would post what happened

If the copter is dropping in altitude during forward flight it is not due to a lack of thrust from the motors. Remember that Solo uses a barometer to measure altitude. As you speed up the pressure inside the Solo body changes (drops) due to airflow. This drop in pressure makes the Solo think it has climbed so it tries to correct by dropping in altitude slightly.
Just to test this next time you see the altitude drop command a climb, you will see the stock motors have plenty of power.

I just need to get use to flying with that case on there. Thank you, as always.
Andrew is the real mvp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44