White Light Flashes Twice non-stop, Won't Start

Reaction score
So after a rather unspectacular crash in my backyard, I can't seem to get this poor guy to start up again. When I press the power on the Solo, it begins the normal set up/lights for a moment and then switches to just one flashing white light that flashes in relatively quick bursts of two. It was also making a clicking sound at the same time, but after removing the gimbal that sound stopped.

I couldn't find any info about this particular error code. It does the same thing when I connect the battery to the charger.

There was no visible damage to the Solo except of course propellers and the battery bay looked like it had given a little, but i took it out and it popped back into place like normal.

The cause of the crash was basically me majorly underestimating how fast "very fast" was and then attempting to take off from a semi-challenging area (which is usually no sweat on medium).

The thing didnt want to shut off, either. It was grounded amd spinning all four props furiously fir a good 15 seconds or so before shutting off. The controller had gone black and they were still spinning.

I'm going to open a ticket right now but I figured it couldn't hurt to see if anyone here has some insight.

It doesn't respond when I attempt to factory reset and the controller doesn't seem able to communicate with it.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you know how to conduct an emergency shut down. Turning off the controller will NOT shut down the motors of the Solo.
Hint: A+B+Pause. It is in the manual.

When you say "flashing white light". Do you mean on the battery? If so do you have another battery to test? Sounds like the battery management system (on the battery itself) thinks the battery voltage is too low to fly.

Reactions: dronejack
I don't have another battery to try, but I was thinking of buying another one anyway, maybe I'll try that first. And yes the light is flashing on the battery. It flashes the same way whether its plugged in to the charger or attached to the Solo.

I didn't actually didn't turn the controller off. At least, not intentionally. I couldn't remember the shutdown key combo, but I thought I tried A+B+Fly, however I guess I might have hit A+B+power which would explain why it turned off.

Thanks for the responses.

Turns out you were absolutely right. I got a new battery today (thanks to Amazon same-day) and it started up like normal. Seems to fly just as well as before, too. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

I'm a little amazed at how tough this thing is. Hopefully it won't need to demonstrate its toughness again anytime soon.

If anyone with the skills to repair it wants the old battery just let me know and it's yours.

No battery repair available yet. Hopefully someday.
If you can figure out a way to cycle the battery (off Solo), you might get lucky and get it working again. Although because it was crashed, there might be a lose connection inside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig