Wanted-Solo Battery Bay

Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement Solo Battery Bay. Seems I was a eager when I was tightening two of the screws in the bay and the bearing surfaces have broken off. So, the screws no longer hold the bay to the board. I was even using Loctite on the screws. The moral, firm but not too tight.

Please...

If you stripped the built in nuts that hold the screws. What you need is a replacement body.

Thanks for the comment but the problem is with the battery bay. The nut anchors in the body are fine but the bottom of two of the recessed holes in the bay were tightened too much, too many times. Consequently, the plastic thinned from compression one too many times and the bottoms fell out of two of the holes (the ones toward the back of the bay), leaving no bearing surface for the screw heads. The Sorbothane is in place.

Perhaps it is not necessary to have these two screws in place?

Thanks for the comment but the problem is with the battery bay. The nut anchors in the body are fine but the bottom of two of the recessed holes in the bay were tightened too much, too many times. Consequently, the plastic thinned from compression one too many times and the bottoms fell out of two of the holes (the ones toward the back of the bay), leaving no bearing surface for the screw heads. The Sorbothane is in place.

Perhaps it is not necessary to have these two screws in place?
Pull the battery tray off epoxy the elongated/compressed holes let dry and drill new holes in the epoxy, Fixed

Or buy this one here for $12.99 shipped >>> 3dr Solo Battery Tray *** NEW *** Great Price | eBay
Or this one $6.99 shipped!!! >>>> 3DR Solo Smart Drone Replacement Battery Tray GPS Holder FREE SHIPPING! | eBay

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig