Video feed from GoPro Hero 4 looks like the Matrix screen. Can anyone help me get it back?

I have seen this on one with a bad HDMI connection at the gimbal board to drone plug. That's the micro connector pulling loose from the gimbal board and very sad .. bypassing the whole cable from camera side connection up to the main drone pcb is only fix I found. The micro connector couldn't be soldered, the pads were ripped from the pcb and disappeared into the multilayer board and impossible for me to trace.

Thank you Ribs for this explanation. Are there any repair parts available to fix? I have a broken spare 3DR Solo, is there any parts I can use to get video back?
I use the drone for roof inspections and need to see what I am doing.
TIA.
Rick

Hi,
Sorry I can't tell for sure but I'd think nothing can do without incredible effort and you'd need a microscope to work on the pcb. Aside from electronics, the mechanical assembly of these gimbals is just ridiculously difficult to take apart and reassemble.. I think they are 'Locktite dipped or something.. and need hexkey sizes you won't have.. in addition, there's a pair of mylar ribbon connectors that cannot be removed and reinstalled - they are GLUED TO THE PCB!! Who does this!! ?? So, instead, Grab another gimbal from ebay if you can, or better yet.. I'm gunna be excoriated for this... spend $200 on a used mavic mini (not the mini 2, no need to spend any more than $200) and do roof inspections with it .. you will be amazed at the battery life and the stability of the video and the quality.. no muss no fuss .. Also, if the Mini goes down or flies into a window or roof it will likely do no damage at all, 249 grams weight vs. a couple pounds on the Solo .. Also, no registration req'd .. unless you are doing for profit, yada yada blah blah thank you faa ... I am a 3DR major major major fan for many reasons, but in your case to 'get the job done now' just grab a Mini for the price of a gimbal and have a whole new world open up.. POCKET sized transport too! This is NOT a diss on 3DR, instead it's just having more than one drone in the arsenal for backup and experience. that's all... ! Good Luck! You'll be smilin' while you're flyin !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc