V2 Shield Promo Code

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any new promo codes for the Solo V2 shield? They worked wonders for my current 2 Solos & I'd like to hook number 3 up. $30 on the 3DR store seems a bit steep. The previous promo codes (FBGPSV2 and 3DRPGPSV2) no longer work

Why didn't I order more when I had the chance? Damn you 2016! :(

I don't know of any current promo code. You just have to decide if the extra $15 is worth it on #3. Remember, it worked wonders on the first 2 Solo's.....;)

Oh, it's definitely worth it. I'm just a sucker for a deal, so I thought I'd see ;)

I saw amazon sells copper tape used for emi block. Couldn't we just add more of that?

No. Blocking RFI is not just a matter of putting some copper all over the place. The original copper shield doesn't work worth crap. Adding more of the thing that doesn't work will not help.

Thanks for the input. Pity there aren't more promo codes, but $30 is still good for the improvement you get. I guess I could also just see if I can get a Rev B from BB. That shield is fine, right? Picking it up later this week.

$30 for a 3DR v2 shield, vs the hassle of returning Solo and hoping for a rev B? That would be a no brainer for me. Personally, I had Rev A's in both my Solo's, and they both worked fine. I added the 3DR v2 shield to both for the added insurance of extra protection from interference. I feel the $30 investment is the best first mod for anyone with a new Solo. Just my $.02.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Thanks Chuck. I'm not disagreeing, just saying I'll see if BB has a rev B bird in stock when I pick my order up. My other 2 are Rev A's with the v2 Shield, and they work really well.

The shield on your other solo can be recycled to your spare Solo. The shield sitting on the shelf is no help anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986