3DR GPS Shield shipping to Germany 48$

Reaction score
So i tried to order a Solo GPS Shield V2 - 3DR and 3DR presented me shipping costs of 48$ :eek::eek::eek:

Is there a kind person here, who could order a shield and forward it to Germany ?

I think the coupon code: 3DRPGPSV2 will still work.

please contact me via PM if you think that 3DR is gettin crazy....

THX!

Shipping in the US with the coupon is still just over $10 so it comes out to something like $25.80 for a $15 part. Not horrible compares to you so you'll still probably save a little but not as much as you would originally think.
I might be able to help out. Send me a message tonight.

Shipping in the US with the coupon is still just over $10 so it comes out to something like $25.80 for a $15 part. Not horrible compares to you so you'll still probably save a little but not as much as you would originally think...
I should have bought more shields before they imposed the $10 shipping. A month ago (and before) it was free (US) shipping.

I should have bought more shields before they imposed the $10 shipping. A month ago (and before) it was free (US) shipping.
And why they won't allow more than 1 unit to ship at the discounted rate blows my mind....

Very strange. Did you use the cupon code?
For me it was 15 $ including shipping to Germany. 10 day delivery.

yes, used the coupon code, you can try it on your own - it will tell you 43$ and 48$ with priority

I chatted them up and it sounds like they don't use USPS now and only FedEx. Might be why it's so expensive to ship. It's a real bummer as I would like to get one. For $26, I might as well pay a little more for the M8N.

I chatted them up and it sounds like they don't use USPS now and only FedEx. Might be why it's so expensive to ship. It's a real bummer as I would like to get one. For $26, I might as well pay a little more for the M8N.
Absolutely. The M8N, I think, is the single best present you can give your Solo. It very literally turns it into a different -and superior - drone, even using the factory shield.

And why they won't allow more than 1 unit to ship at the discounted rate blows my mind....
In the past, you just had to play their game and order them separately - with no apparent limit on coupon use and no shipping. Dunno what's going on now.

For domestic shipping they always used to say FedEx Shipping, but then come in a 1st class envelope via USPS - why wouldn't they... cost <half buck?

36.99 shipping to Canada. I emailed them about this, and they said they don't ship by USPS any more. Seemed a little much for such a small part.

Probably trying to make back that VC money $10 at a time!
In all seriousness, if I do go the M8N route, does having this shield make much of a difference or will the stock copper tape work fine?

what's VC?
lol at folks here confused at 3DR doing weird things. No surprises here.

For those needing a shield, looks like they aren't charging shipping again. I picked up a couple for my Solo's while I could.

3DR new GPS sheild seems to be made with Ni Fe Alloy & Dielectric Layer SiO http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1034104O/3m-flux-field-directional-materials-particle-em05ec.pdf
So i make a DIY GPS Sheild made of Nickel strips i had left from my previous E-bike Battery build & 2 layers of Gorilla Tape im waiting for somes click-mate connectors
will give you news about it soon

Meanwhile here's a link for a 4X4X1mm 99.96% Pure Nickel $6.47 free shipping
aliexpress.com/item/99-96-Pure-Nickel-Ni-Metal-Thin-Sheet-Plate-1mm-x-100mm-x-100mm-EYL-100/32718416923.html?spm=2114.44010208.4.93.I6Q7zQ

ordered one for just 15$ with international shipping from 3DR now - everything´s ok again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela