Using Channel 7 and 8

Reaction score
Hi all,
I can't see the Solo using Channels 7 or 8 for anything. Does anyone know of a way to map buttons on the controller to these channels?
Best case scenario would be one channel where neutral is 1500, the Angle Preset 1 button bumps it to 1900 when pushed, and Angle Preset 2 drops it to 1100.
Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joel

There is already a way to use Channel 7. Long press the brake button to set the channel 7 option high. Single press the brake button to reset channel 7 low.

Reactions: JoelNewman
So I've tried to alter that in Mission Planner so that idle is 1500 and the long press drops it to 1000, but it doesn't have any effect.
I've tried messing with RC7_MAX, MIN, TRIM and REV. Any ideas?

I haven't actually tried using the function in flight yet. I have no idea how it will respond to this.

So I've tried to alter that in Mission Planner so that idle is 1500 and the long press drops it to 1000, but it doesn't have any effect.
I've tried messing with RC7_MAX, MIN, TRIM and REV. Any ideas?

Joel, RC7 (or 6 or 8 for that matter) needs to be set to anything other than 0, (disabled) as 0 is auto control only mode
You've probably seen this....
Scroll down a bit.
Extend 3DR Solo Accessory Bay - Hackster.io

Yep thanks Roland - it was that awesome write-up that guided me through this.
I have done the RC Pass Through, and I'm getting the Pixhawk to output PWM signals, but I need to reverse and or limit them. I can't work out whether the Pixhawk can for example take in a 'PWM high' command and output it as a 'PWM low' command. In a normal situation I'd reverse the inputs at the transmitter, but obviously that's not an option with the Solo transmitter.

Yep thanks Roland - it was that awesome write-up that guided me through this.
I have done the RC Pass Through, and I'm getting the Pixhawk to output PWM signals, but I need to reverse and or limit them. I can't work out whether the Pixhawk can for example take in a 'PWM high' command and output it as a 'PWM low' command. In a normal situation I'd reverse the inputs at the transmitter, but obviously that's not an option with the Solo transmitter.

So then what is needed to make the changes work?
Someone must know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc