Upgrading Transmitter

Reaction score
I am interested in upgrading my transmitter on the Iris+ and decided on either the Turnigy 9xr Pro or the Taranis x9d plus. Any recommendations? Also, I am still a beginner. How difficult is it to upgrade and what is required. Do I need to purchase anything else? Thanks for your help.

The Tarans x9D us going to be the more supported as more people use them and there is more documentation for them.
Not sure about the process. I have the stock iris on my DIY right now, but plan to upgrade to the Tarranis x9D plus with an X8r receiver
Have not done all the research on that process yet, but I think it is a matter of having the right eppe (not sure) file.
Which should be available from anyone else who has used the taranis on their iris

Thanks for the reply and again in a newbie. Can I just use the transmitter on the Iris radio and put on the 9xr Pro?

I second the motion for the Taranis with X8R receiver.
It won't be a simple plug and play since you will need to program the Taranis for your aircraft. Not difficult, lots of YouTube videos on setting up the Taranis radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo