Update 1.1.15 out

Reaction score
With Gimbal fixes

wtitxl.jpg

I'm curious. I just tried to do the update to 1.1.15 but it wont update. Is it because I don't have the gimbal installed yet. Anybody know.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I'm curious. I just tried to do the update to 1.1.15 but it wont update. Is it because I don't have the gimbal installed yet. Anybody know.

Are you on android? It appears some of us android users get hung where the update is transferring to Solo. I had to use my wife's iPhone.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
You can use GitHub to check the fixes, GPS and range improvements are a headline in this too.

Just updated on nexus 7. Update went fine but had to cycle power on the controller and solo to get them to reconnect after update. There doesn't appear to be any changes as far as GoPro integration is concerned, at least at first glance.

Just updated on nexus 7. Update went fine but had to cycle power on the controller and solo to get them to reconnect after update. There doesn't appear to be any changes as far as GoPro integration is concerned, at least at first glance.

Thanks for checking. I how for a miracle and that when I return from vacation my gimbal gets shipped from 3DR. If not there are rumors that BB will have in stock very soon.

Best Buy and frys! I got lucky and pre ordered in August. Just arrived the other day. Must be sheer luck because I know a lot of people who pre ordered before me. I'm very empathetic for everyone. Hope you get one soon!

I just did the gimbal install and downloaded the update on my Samsung S5. Worked perfectly.

Gimbal works great on first test. Only anomaly I have is a manual gimbal error (contact 3dr support) at 0 and 90 degrees. Any other angle and the error disappears. Functions fine though.

One addition: Video streaming to my phone seems choppier than beforw.

I don't think anyone else is getting a gimbal until people stop ordering from 3DR

Reactions: unclejas
saw range improvements and was happy, but not so much. will wait till others report but lost almost all my gains from the hotsd config. coming home it connected and reconnected several times
on a good note GPS seemed to have worked a lot better

I didn't check everything after the update but it looked like the changes i made in hostapd.conf stayed untouched and the patched drivers were also untouched.

I should have done a better documented test, but on Solo1 I connected andoid and the upodate went well, though controller turned off and stayed there. Turned it back on and Solo wouldn't connect.

Turned everything off and app wouldn't connect to Solo, but would to controller (on the app, said looking for Solo, and icon was grey, but controller icon was green). Rebooted everything several times, and same result. Used the hostapd.conf app to "undo" changes made (Yes, I agree now that i should have done this first) and rebooted everything and Solo connected.

Because this is Solo 1 (which is my backup without gimbal) I decided to use the app to "reapply" the hostapd.conf changes, and it was still able to connect.

Since Ian is going to do a compare, I will wait and see what the differences are, and make changes manually if needed. Or wait for the updated app if it goes that way :)

To rainy outside to check any funcionality, but I did notoice having 8 sats in my livingroom in a few minutes, though still searching due to low accuracy. Update, now have 11 sats andcan "Fly" inside :) No... No I won't...

Last edited:
I didn't check everything after the update but it looked like the changes i made in hostapd.conf stayed untouched and the patched drivers were also untouched.
Patched drivers? For Wifi cards? :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado