Update 1.1.15 out

my android update went smooth, note 4 on lollipop GPS seems faster but distance was not good after update

With Gimbal fixes

wtitxl.jpg
Anyone know the reasoning behind the change "Motors stop if you do not take off within 10 seconds"?

FYI, update on Android Note 4 went flawlessly, hostapd.conf changes appear untouched (I didn't look at the actual file but with a WiFi analyzer saw that Solo had selected the clearest channel for the area - not 6 or 11), flight was fine with no loss of controller or GPS, and GPS did seem to lock in quite quickly.

Not thrilled with shutting the motors down automatically after 10 seconds, however.

Anyone know the reasoning behind the change "Motors stop if you do not take off within 10 seconds"?

FYI, update on Android Note 4 went flawlessly, hostapd.conf changes appear untouched (I didn't look at the actual file but with a WiFi analyzer saw that Solo had selected the clearest channel for the area - not 6 or 11), flight was fine with no loss of controller or GPS, and GPS did seem to lock in quite quickly.

Not thrilled with shutting the motors down automatically after 10 seconds, however.

Im not thrilled at that either, i usually use that time to check app settings, wonder the thinking of this change, making sure fly aways land and turn off?

Upodate on Solo1 (without gimbal) went OK.

Tried to update Solo2 (with gimbal). Big mistake. The update hosed it.

This time I reverted hostapd.conf just in case. Update went same as before, it shut down controller. I rebooted and continued in the app. This time it wouldn't connect at all. Looked closely and the Network name and PW had reverted to the original. ?? Connected to that with app, and controller was visible, but not the Solo. Rebooted Solo, and still no connect. Rebooted everything, and now Solo isn't even creating a network at all. No networks showing from Solo on any device.

Grrrrrr...

May be swapping gimbal to other Solo.... I will wait as it is raining anyway

Upodate on Solo1 (without gimbal) went OK.

Tried to update Solo2 (with gimbal). Big mistake. The update hosed it.

This time I reverted hostapd.conf just in case. Update went same as before, it shut down controller. I rebooted and continued in the app. This time it wouldn't connect at all. Looked closely and the Network name and PW had reverted to the original. ?? Connected to that with app, and controller was visible, but not the Solo. Rebooted Solo, and still no connect. Rebooted everything, and now Solo isn't even creating a network at all. No networks showing from Solo on any device.

Grrrrrr...

May be swapping gimbal to other Solo.... I will wait as it is raining anyway

The controller should broadcast the SSID. If the solo doesn't connect sometimes it just needs to be paired by hitting the small button underneath with a paper clip.

The controller should broadcast the SSID. If the solo doesn't connect sometimes it just needs to be paired by hitting the small button underneath with a paper clip.
At this point I don't see an SSID at all. The first couple reboots it was there. Now there is just nothing.

Does anyone know if this update made it so the Hero3+ Silver will work?

I WILL ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION..... I upload the newest update and still it will not work with the Hero3+ Silver.... had to give it a try.

Last edited:
Updated just now with an Android tablet, no issues.

They really have done something with the GPS. I've never been able to acquire any satellites in the middle of my living room.

Completely not useable with an HDOP of 5.2....but Solo is now at least seeing 6 sats...

image.jpg

Too late to fly of course, but will take her out for a spin soon.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to do the update? There was a suggestion to do this with the Android app if encountering a problem.[/QU
Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to do the update? There was a suggestion to do this with the Android app if encountering a problem.
It ended up working after trying countless times I didn't have to reinstall the app, seems to be working fine now to a certain extent but I do feel as if it may have corrupted my solo because I tried flying it today and it almost went rogue when I was landing and start bunny hopping luckily I was able to initiate killswitch and stop it in its tracks almost flipped over I have almost no patience and confidence in the Solo anymore.

Someone posted last night that it did not. I will have to look today after work. Update went smooth this time. Did not have to reset power on the Tx.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado