Unable to get video feed from controller to BM Video Assist via HDMI

Reaction score
I am unable to get a video signal out of the controllers HDMI port into my Blackmagic Video Assist. I did test the cable by plugging it into my LCD TV and it works fine. Just can't get a picture on the Video Assist when I plug it in. Anybody else try this with any luck?

If the Blackmagic video assist is like their Shuttle recorder...make sure the camera output res. is is right for the Blackmagic vid. assist input. Please update us to how this turns out for you.

I am unable to get a video signal out of the controllers HDMI port into my Blackmagic Video Assist. I did test the cable by plugging it into my LCD TV and it works fine. Just can't get a picture on the Video Assist when I plug it in. Anybody else try this with any luck?

Skycam, I tried that with no joy. Dropped the Hero 4 down from 4k to 1080p/60 and still can't get a picture out of the controller. Cant figure this one out. Plugging that exact same cable from the 3dr controller to my 55" LED and voila, I have a picture.

I'm guessing this BM Video Assist is working with other vid signals.

By chance do you have a friend with another video assist or perhaps close to a dealer. Just in the odd chance there's some strange failure with the BM.

That's a good excuse to tell the wife why you need to buy 2 of everything! :)

I'm starting to think this may be faulty Video Assist or there is a bug in the product. Going to check in with BM on Monday to see if I need a different unit or if this is a bug that their R & D can fix. My plan is to get a reliable small battery operated monitor to give to my incident commander at fire and emergency scenes while I fly my Solo to get the visual info he needs to evaluate the incident.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc