Reaction score
has anyone traveled overseas with a solo? I am heading to Aruba next month and would like to know on where I can find info regarding airlines, packing, restrictions etc. Don't want any surprises but I do want some nice aerial video and pics.
thanks!

has anyone traveled overseas with a solo? I am heading to Aruba next month and would like to know on where I can find info regarding airlines, packing, restrictions etc. Don't want any surprises but I do want some nice aerial video and pics.
thanks!

I would bring this with you (attached) in case the airline or whomever does not know the rules. You are fine with solo's batteries in carry on OR checked baggage. They are 85 watt hours.

Attachments

• Drone Battery Limitations My TSA - Home Airport.pdf
    141.5 KB · Views: 24
Flew from Taiwan to Thailand, hand-carry luggage. Then flew domestically in Thailand. Did the same between Taipei - Shanghai also, didn't have any problems.

I just got back from St. Maarten. I didn't end up taking the drone because I crashed it. But I did what I could to find out about the regulations on the island. See my post.

My impression is that there is a lot of turmoil and variation in how drone flying is viewed or regulated across the Caribbean. For instance I probably wouldn't take a drone to Barbados.

Also see uavcoach.com and this article.

Have a fun trip!

Just did 3 week in Europe (Italy, Slovenia, Croatia). Unfortunately I broke some props and went out of commission early on in Croatia but I came back with some great video all the same. No problems flying so long as I was reasonable, even with military stationed at many tourist locals in Italy. Also got some past video from Guatemala, no issues there either (though they are banned in Tikal).
Ljubljana, Bled, Predjama & Piran, Slovenia, 3DR Solo & GoPro Hero 4, Black, with Gimbal
Ljubljana & Bled, Slovenia, 3DR Solo & GoPro Hero 4, Black, with Gimbal
Rome, Orvieto, Siena, Florence & Venice, Italy, 3DR Solo & GoPro Hero 4, Black, with Gimbal
Pula, Croatia, 3DR Solo & GoPro Hero 4, Black, with Gimbal

As been said, carry on is fine, keep batteries at 50% or less when flying, and check gov't regulations at destination.

ERM - nice video in Italy...I enjoyed it.

please try search button...it's been covered at least a couple times these last 2 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela