Transmitter crash?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem and/or might have helpful suggestions:

I was out flying, on battery-2 of the day, when I suddenly lost video. The Solo was in LOS about 100 yards away.
The iPad lost it's Wifi connection to the tx, but luckily I still had stick control (was over the ocean).

After landing I restarted everything but the transmitter wouldn't shut-down properly. It went to a black screen that was intermittently flashing white and got stuck there. I had to disconnect & reconnect the battery and then all was well - video worked, etc. I flew a bit more (no more over water!) to finish out the battery and wrapped up early.

When I got home the GoPro footage was mostly missing. Of the 7 segments I recorded only two were properly stored and one was an improperly closed (truncated) .MP4 file.

This was using a new (as in brand-new) GoPro Hero-4 black. I had assumed it was running recent firmware but checking this morning a firmware update was available. Not sure but I think it went all the way from version 3 to 5 (?) The screen was hard to read and version on boot flashed by so could be wrong here but could this be a factor?

(The footage I did get was beautiful and actually I'm pretty impressed other than this issue)

Is this a common issue, a software bug, or possibly faulty hardware? Is the Solo safe to fly?

Can't tell 100%, but GoPro Video feed has nothing to do with GoPro video recording to SD card.
If GoPro wasn't recording Video properly, most likely the SD card isn't fast enough for the 4K or 2K.
Go here to find the proper SD card.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Send in a ticket, They may find something important?
I also wouldn't fly far or over water or not at all, till you find out for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks