Tower App on IOS ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 5038
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5038

Hello from France,

Does anyone know if 3DR may release soon an iOS version of Tower ...

For now you can use "Mav Pilot". Available at the App Store for iPhone only.

I don't think 3DR will ever make Tower available for iOS.

Hi guys,

Not good news (I just bought an iPad) and I anticipated to put all on it...

I read that MAV is limited (I do not know what I am talking about....) false/true ?

Now, if I elect to buy an Android unit to install Tower on it, can I expect (dream) to connect both units to the Solo WiFi, and work as if it was a single device ?

Yes, Mav is verry limited.
For example no video return .........

Hi guys,

Not good news (I just bought an iPad) and I anticipated to put all on it...

I read that MAV is limited (I do not know what I am talking about....) false/true ?

Now, if I elect to buy an Android unit to install Tower on it, can I expect (dream) to connect both units to the Solo WiFi, and work as if it was a single device ?
Can't connect both at the same time.:(

Gents,

Here is the reply from 3DR (April 11, 2016):
YES, multiple clients can join the WiFi network and command the Solo.
Thus, you can easily connect both your Android device and your iPad to the same ground control station network and your Solo.

I will try this quickly.

yes you can connect multiple apps and multiple devices to the solo. on the same device, multiple apps can get video and mavlink. with multiple devices, the 1st connected gets video and all the devices get mavlink.

Michel,
You can watch this video, a few versions of MavPilot back, but it can be used with Solo app. As Frank said, you have to start Solo app first, then MavPilot to get video in Solo app. I would lift off gracefully via Fly button, then start mission in MavPilot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig