Too HOT!

Reaction score
5 minutes into my flight today, my iPad shut down from overheating. I just hit RTH and packed it in. Maybe later this evening...

Reactions: DodgeP
Yup.. my iPad would run hot on my Solo and my Samsung Tab runs hot on my I1. Weird..

While my Nexus 7 has been fine in the heat I fear the motors on Solo can't take much more than 95F for ambient air temp. My reading for the motors are coming in at 135F after one battery with average speed. Flying for an hour seems improbable.

Ambient was 97 when I took off. I was sweating like the fat kid I am...

100 here today with the humidity, real feel 104. It hurts to go outside..:eek:

This belly is made of a substance commonly known as fat. PC or not, it is what it is. This evening's flight went much better. Only 90 degrees at 7pm...

Reactions: VideoArch
Or it could be the sun heating up all those black surfaces. I flew two days ago and the temp was 110. Solo seemed to take it ok but the mini shut down. I've ordered a shade. Hope it works.

I believe Ipad mini has recall for fires ...not 100% but I have seen on other posts

Or it could be the sun heating up all those black surfaces. I flew two days ago and the temp was 110. Solo seemed to take it ok but the mini shut down. I've ordered a shade. Hope it works.

I have a shade for my mini 3 but it doesn't help. It might be making it worse by covering the back and preventing air circulation. The Solo app really makes it work hard. Anybody know how to reduce the workload?

Not had a issue with s6 or an iPhone 5s heat wise, the s6 back warms a bit but running both batteries no problem in 95 or so heat. It's so strange that some are talking about motor heat to me as well I've used my IR gun a bunch and the highest temp I got on solo was the battery and it was always below 109 and the motors have never temped above 107. Which is well below all the brushless surface motors I temp, there fine up to 160 or better.

Are these a lot more sensitive or are others getting much higher reading than I am?

Mine are barley warm to touch, the one thing I did notice before I changed my performance settings, I hadn't dug out my temp gun but motors did seem warmer to touch at slow settings for whatever odd reason. Still not burning hot but if I'd of had my gun out I'd assume they were in the 120 range.

Anybody seen the 3dr solo visor available, the one in the silica vids they posted. Looks real nice with the setup and I'm guessing it's good and sturdy as well. I've been waiting for it but haven't had any luck finding one for sale, 3dr partner perk so far maybe?

I'd say that's a big part of it, I did leave my iPhone in the sun a few weeks back, I had it playing music in the shade while building a stone fire pit and in 5 minutes time on about an 80 degree day it was hot to the touch. It was the first time I'd seen a warning saying turn it off and let cool to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig