Tip over during landing

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today I was just casually flying my solo, and when i was about to land it, it suddenly tipped over and started to spin blades on asphalt. I'm not sure what caused this, but i can tell you guys these things:

1. I manually land (I push the throttle stick down, instead of holding the fly button)
2. Upon landing, the motors suddenly spun up, and the drone flipped forward.

Is this a common problem or not? Am i doing something wrong with my landings?

where you on level ground?
Have you done the calibrations?

Solo typically does this when it does not know it has landed

Mine did this when I used RTH, but never when I manually landed it. Also, I've seen people mention that holding the stick down and to the left works.

"common problem or not?" Common for new pilots.
If your landing hard, then yes, it's going to flip.
Try a softer landing. Landing on a hard surface hard, will make Solo "Jerk up' & Flip over.

where you on level ground?
Have you done the calibrations?

Solo typically does this when it does not know it has landed
Ive calibrated both the compass and the level of the solo. I took off from an asphalt road, which was level, and i landed on the same place, where the solo tipped over.

What level was the battery? It may have reached the level where it started to initiated an RTH.

I've dealt with this issue many times and reached out to 3DR.. in my case it turned out to be a defective unit die to a faulty barometer. If it flips over more than once after calibration of the sensors most likely after 3DR reviews your flight logs they will send a replacement unit as they did to me.

Fast landing on hard surface is the main reason for flipping. The prop wash confuses the baro and the hard landing confuses the gyro.

Reactions: Stealth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso