This normal? Just opened my Solo and found this...

Just opened mine up to replace GPS board and found the same thing...so it seems to be pretty common...I'm not worried about it.

What did the Hindenburg, TWA Flight 800, the Space Shuttle Challenger, Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, and Amelia Earhart all have in common? Too much residual flux on the solder joints!

Just sayin'...

So... Can I get a bottle of that at Fry's?
I'm a photographer and keep my optics clean. Guess I'll have to do the same with my tripod in the sky.

It's not on any of my solo boards, must be happy children makin' em. It's not 5v out it's Battery out, that could range from 15v to 12v depending on how much charge is left.

Funny you should ask. I just happened to have a rubber grommet laying around that fit the hole perfectly. I then got a black plastic hole plug from Home Depot that fit inside the grommet perfectly. I tried to find another grommet EVERYWHERE and could not. My other Solo has a gimbal/camera...so the one grommet/plug is all I needed.

Looks factory. I'm going to search online for something similar. Thanks

This will have to suffice until I find a rubber grommet lol. Not as clean but it should do the job as far as keeping dust out. Cut a piece of thin cardboard, painted it black and hot glued it. [emoji41]
20171206_185713.jpg

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
This will have to suffice until I find a rubber grommet lol. Not as clean but it should do the job as far as keeping dust out. Cut a piece of thin cardboard, painted it black and hot glued it. [emoji41]
View attachment 7425

This may be a silly question, but if you don't use your Solo with a camera, what do you use it for?

Bob

This may be a silly question, but if you don't use your Solo with a camera, what do you use it for?

Bob
This is my 3rd Solo that just got delivered 2 days ago. My first Solo has a gimbal with a GPH4 black. I'm planning on using this one just to have fun with and demonstrate it to friends and family.

Reactions: BobPhoto
I think I missed a spot... I went back in for some more cleaning! Haha!

05ee40015a9796650054a66845565ce8.jpg
You switched it with a new one lol. Nice job!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421