The Dreaded Calibration Error

DJI had a video for fixing the IMU. In the video, the technician turned the IMU over give it a quick knock then recalibrate, it seems the quick knock reset the IMU.

YT,

Could you explain that a little more? Did you mean the tech turned the whole solo over and knocked it?

And at what point of whatever app setting/procedure did he do that?

Thanks.

as I said, the video is from dji repair
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SUCCESS!!! I received my new pixhawk 2.0 cube today and went about the tear down of my solo. Yes, you have to remove everything. Landing gear, motors, gimbal, the works. Once I got down to the board I only pulled it out far enough to be able to unscrew the bad cube and be able to pull it out. Making absolutely sure of the way it was installed. I then installed the new cube and went about putting everything back together. Once I had it all together and ready to fly I did a reset per the instructions on 3DR's website and reset both the Solo and the Controller. After that was complete then I had to pair the controller and the Solo. Once that was completed then it was like it would be new out of the box with the "update" prompts coming from the Solo controller. When all this was complete I took it outside and as the late great Scotty would say "Captain we have engines!!" lol. It flew as it did before steady as a rock. I must say the tear down wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, you just have to really take your time and watch to make sure you disconnect everything before you go pulling on anything. Now, my hypothesis of what may have caused this. The only thing that I did different than most other hobbyist that are in this hobby that I have seen on youtube and from personal observations is when I charged up my battery after I had flown I plugged it back into my Solo and stored it back in the little carry case that they give you. As others never install their battery until they are ready to fly. I wouldn't think that there wouldn't be any power draw of the cube as you have to turn the Solo on by the battery. But if the cube was getting even a small amount of draw from the battery that could have kept an accelerometer hot and possibly fried one. Now this is just a great big guess on my part as I don't know crap, lol, about the electronics of a drone but it's the only thing that I can think of that I did differently than most do. And then it might have just been a bad cube. Either way it's flying again thank goodness and I won't install my battery anymore until I'm ready to fly. Cheers!

Mike. That's awesome. Any pics? Do you have a link to the cube?

No, sorry ws I didn't take pics. Groom Lake Aviation has an excellent video of the tear down that you need to do to be able to change the cube here
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. And the link to the cube itself is over at mRobotics here: 3DR Pixhawk 2.0 Cube (SOLO Replacement)

Great news!!
I bought 2 pixhawk 2.0 cubes as spare and I have one of my 3 solos with the calibration error thing....
I will try and see if I can replace it as you did!
It is just a work of unscrewing and unplugging or do we need to weld as well?
Thanks!

No Nick it's just unscrew it, making sure of which way it was plugged in because I couldn't see any kind of tab or guide slot for orientation, unplug the bad one, plug the new one in and screw it back down. You will have to do a full reset (make sure you follow the directions for that to a tee). Then you will have to re-pair the drone and the controller. It had me do a compass calibration on mine and then I was flying again. I posted above a good video from Youtube on the tear down. Good luck.

Reactions: Nick F
No Nick it's just unscrew it, making sure of which way it was plugged in because I couldn't see any kind of tab or guide slot for orientation, unplug the bad one, plug the new one in and screw it back down. You will have to do a full reset (make sure you follow the directions for that to a tee). Then you will have to re-pair the drone and the controller. It had me do a compass calibration on mine and then I was flying again. I posted above a good video from Youtube on the tear down. Good luck.
Thanks for the answer!
There is no way to fix the PH cube with the cal error?
Thanks!

Not sure Nick. That goes above my head on that subject. There has bound to be a way to read the cube using the usb port on it but I'm not sure of what program or software you need to do it. If someone else knows please chime in or if you find out let me know.

Reactions: Nick F
Well I took my bad one apart and the first thing is ours don't come apart like the DJI one does. You've about got to break the housing to get it apart. Then the inside doesn't look like the DJI cube so I'm not sure that would work. But then I'm no expert by any means on the subject. I'll take pics and post them of it apart when I get home today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado