The $66 Refurb Gets A $30 Camera!

Reaction score
So I got a CHEAP camera of Amazon today and it's awesome! The amount of accessories that came with this thing to include...a frame that can be mounted from the top or bottom! The camera will actually do flip mode but why not fly it right side up?

I have it all mounted and ready to go for tomorrow so we'll see. I'm not looking for awesome video or whatever, I just found that I kind of missed fpv. I can't wait to see what "image stabilization" or "hdr" looks like on this thing! It has a 2" screen, built in wifi, motion detection (that's what it says), loop recording, 14 mp, ZOOM! (I shit you not!), auto start power on and recording (if you're using it as a dash cam, it will turn on and record when power is applied), and it's water proof in the supplied case. It's only 1080p but since Solo only broadcasts in 720p, who cares? I'll post some pics/video for laughs once I have some.

Solo on a budget!!! Hahaha!1501033965738807559154.jpg

Reactions: RDA
Now I'm waiting to mount my $50 Samsung Gear 360 because it's going on this bad boy next!

Wow. I agree. Solo on a budget lol. Wonder if it would work in the gimbal?

You know what? If I tap the accessory bay for power, I could get auto on and off back without the gimbal! I doubt this pulls more juice that the Polar Pro lights... Hmmm...

Now all you need is a budget Gimbal and you're good to go

Wow. I agree. Solo on a budget lol. Wonder if it would work in the gimbal?

Mind reader! I just so happen to have a gimbal but the plug would have to go and I think the gimbal needs to "see" a camera to operate... Hey, quick take your camera out and tell me if the gimbal still works!

Mind reader! I just so happen to have a gimbal but the plug would have to go and I think the gimbal needs to "see" a camera to operate... Hey, quick take your camera out and tell me if the gimbal still works!
I'm too lazy to hook it all up just to find out it doesn't...

I saw somebody who opened the gimbal up and took out the big connector with no damage to the gimbal whatsoever. I don't know if it worked though.

I saw somebody who opened the gimbal up and took out the big connector with no damage to the gimbal whatsoever. I don't know if it worked though.

I'm looking at it now, this gimbal cost me nothing so bonzai! Hahaha!

I just went and looked at it again. Yep he damaged the gimbal

So I put it back together and it doesn't work.... Why? Because the damn micro hdmi faces the wrong way! Hahaha! I should have realized when it worked perfectly right side up. Duh!

What $30 camera is it?

Um...I'm not sure, hahaha! I'll look it up later. Hold off on it until I see how it works. No use wasting money. I'm using it strictly for fpv and I'll record to phone just in case anything interesting happens. My guess is that the video quality won't be very good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377