Taking bets!! (Must see)

OK, so how do we combine this technology with my neato vacuum cleaner. Sure it "creates a map" by laser when it cleans, but man, combine that with a mission planner type of software... what? Who the heck likes to vacuum? I just want to make the task more fun. The robot mop does just fine, doesn't need upgrading at all......

OK, so how do we combine this technology with my neato vacuum cleaner. Sure it "creates a map" by laser when it cleans, but man, combine that with a mission planner type of software... what? Who the heck likes to vacuum? I just want to make the task more fun. The robot mop does just fine, doesn't need upgrading at all......
Wait till you see the lawn tractor I'm working on Oh boy....

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Wait till you see the lawn tractor I'm working on Oh boy....
I was almost laughing at this until I thought... wait... he's probably serious........ did I mention I also hate doing the lawn? Now if we could build a mega solo that could carry the gas powered weed whacker.......... I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: XevetS
Haha i was working on an autonomous lawn mower, but have put it on the back burner for now... Awesome little solo rover tho!

Reactions: XevetS
I'm betting it's going to work!
b68476c9e8c8a213384847f13010825e.jpg
a0efea16097cd391527c97085c1c3a6e.jpg

Hivemind? I did absolutely the same thing in September.

IMG_20170913_232224_HDR.jpg IMG_20170913_232248_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... I can’t believe I had missed this posting - cutting up a circuit board - surely the challenge was to wonder if it would work afterward but I’m also sure you didn’t just chance it and took precautions.
The only real cliffhanger is what the gals will have to say about it after you post... as you can see

Wow... I can’t believe I had missed this posting - cutting up a circuit board - surely the challenge was to wonder if it would work afterward but I’m also sure you didn’t just chance it and took precautions.
The only real cliffhanger is what the gals will have to say about it after you post... as you can see
I do not know what kind of thinking process was when cnc74 was cutting his board, but I tried to check everything first. The board is basically double-layer, only in a couple of places there is a transition to the inner layer and there is a lot of empty space on the board. I needed to reduce the size of it for my project and I did it.

Снимок.PNG Снимок2.PNG Снимок3.PNG

What matters is it works for you
... it’s the same when you try to do something someone hasn’t done or you do something different outside of what they know for themselves or like to hinder others from doing - I’ll keep the scalpel from my solo a distance away for sure

What matters is it works for you
... it’s the same when you try to do something someone hasn’t done or you do something different outside of what they know for themselves or like to hinder others from doing - I’ll keep the scalpel from my solo a distance away for sure
Scalpel is for cowards, we're doing this the right way ;-)

photo_2017-06-08_22-59-59.jpg photo_2017-06-08_23-00-02.jpg photo_2017-06-08_23-00-04.jpg

The only real cliffhanger is what the gals will have to say about it after you post
Lol Gals....What's funny is some of the most helpful insight on this forum might actually be women?

or maybe not..

I needed to reduce the size of it for my project and I did it.
So what did you do with this? Inquiring minds need to know...Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Are those servo/relay outputs you soldered onto for the pixhawk? Or something else? That is some damn microscopic soldering.

So what did you do with this? Inquiring minds need to know...Thanks in advance...
At first I was planning to build a mavic clone ... a little special clone.
photo_2017-04-15_15-35-53.jpg photo_2017-09-23_13-15-07.jpg

But even after cutting the board is still very large for this, so I decided to do everything from scratch. Since then I unfortunately had absolutely no free time for this - too much work and family responsibilities. I hope to continue working on the project closer to summer. For now, the board rests on the table and collects dust :-(

Are those servo/relay outputs you soldered onto for the pixhawk? Or something else? That is some damn microscopic soldering.
photo_2017-06-05_21-32-07.jpg photo_2017-06-05_21-31-59.jpg
Since I cut off the outputs to the motors, I needed to restore them. I want to print the casing for the board and cube and put it all together. I would also like to install a logic converter on the outputs, but I need to first try it out in practice. (I'm afraid of soldering it in a cube) By the way, I want to disassemble the cube and place the imu next to the main board in order to reduce the height.

Damn, I need more free time ...

Last edited:
I agree, forget about drones your talent is in working with wood very striking. I looked at that and said to myself WT? holy if I could do that, .. i.e I was speechless.

Beautiful Job..

Thanks.

I thought for a while, and thought again ... after cutting the board is still very big for me, so I made my own version of the carrier board. I called it Simple as F ... SOLO_PXHWK2_CARRIER. on it there is not one active component except the native power module from the solo (I was thinking of adding a few transistors for the level converter, but I most likely use uavcan node from olliw, maybe later in version B I will do it), it is slightly larger than the board from proficnc, but only two layers! So I can order 10 pieces in China for only a couple of dollars. I trace the board for the first time in my life, so I do not think that this is some kind of work of art. I go deeper into the development of my drone, even without ever taking off, following the trend, I will soon be melting copper and making my own wires :) I guess I'll need to open my own thread with my a extremely slow worklog.
I'll order the boards and test it, so bad that the 3dr power modules are almost nowhere to be found, I only have one try with mine.

Снимок.PNGСнимок.PNG photo_2018-02-23_00-38-27.jpg photo_2018-02-23_00-38-36.jpg
Gerber:
Saf_CARRIER.zip — Yandex.Disk
Schematics:
00-59.PDF — Yandex.Disk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig