Taking bets!! (Must see)

Reaction score
I'm betting it's going to work!
b68476c9e8c8a213384847f13010825e.jpg
a0efea16097cd391527c97085c1c3a6e.jpg

I'm not sure what the goal here is. If the goal is to show you can haphazardly saw a printed circuit board and with some luck, some things may still work, ok. But this is now completely useless.

Anyone with a bit of skill and patients can saw a multi layer PCB apart. The trick is to avoid micro shorts between the layers that may happen immediately or later, and keep them from recurring. And then what do you have, a cut off Solo Main board with questionable reliability. IMHO it would be cheaper (for lots of definitions of cheaper) to buy a PixHawk 2.x carrier board. With that said I have sawed 4 layer boards apart for various reasons, it took more time and effort to prepare the sawed edge after cutting (to prevent future shorts) than the board was worth.
A great hack, but I wouldn't want to trust a valuable DIY copter/camera/payload to that.

Bored last night so sacrifices for the sake of curiosity were made. Have any of you ever hacked something for the sake of finding out of it would work? (Surely you have.?)

Last edited:
Sure, when there is some purpose. Which that now has none. You have a pixhawk lit up with no means to connect any motors or devices to it. It has no purpose. It isn't even useful for testing or programming due to the unreliable natural of the chopping.

You went as far as baiting the subject line with MUST SEE when there is nothing must see about it. Maybe you should leave that to BuzzFeed.

Reactions: wlyons and artcuda
Wow that's a lot of Solo's...
/me hijacking the thread... Hey Matt, any news on how you are going to move forward on OpenSolo 2.5-RC2? will there be an RC3 or something else?

91f4d541f7e735ac73554812fff32f5d.jpg

Bored last night so sacrifices for the sake of curiosity were made. Have any of you ever hacked something for the sake of finding out of it would work? (Surely you have.?)
Holy Solo backups!

91f4d541f7e735ac73554812fff32f5d.jpg

Are those just shells, or are those all complete/semi-complete?

May I ask why you have so many?

Awesome workshop :)

Reactions: cnc74
Are those just shells, or are those all complete/semi-complete?

May I ask why you have so many?

Awesome workshop :)
So I can do stupid s*** with them like chop them up set them on fire Seek and Destroy Etc... if I want to do something cool and useful I use a different drone.

Last edited:
So I can do stupid s*** with them like chop them up set them on fire Seek and Destroy Etc... if I want to do something cool and useful I use a different drone more worthy of the task.
521e4517ad4b6673071fee9f878c8c34.jpg
Have any parts you don't particularly want or care for?

I usually don't act out on my urges to chop things in half.

Last edited:
I think you will find a Pixhawk 1 would give you a whole lot more functionality than hacking a Solo board for a rover.

Reactions: TonyL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela