Surfing Footage in Dunedin, New Zealand

Reaction score
While studying abroad here in New Zealand, I had the opportunity to interview and make this short film about an italian man who was inspired by surfing to turn his life around. There are some beautiful Solo shots in the video. Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

beautiful

Jason,

Beautiful was the right word. Life throws many twists and turns. Doing something positive with those wanderings is what makes the entire difference. Some of us win, some of us lose. Great job, bringing out your perspective, you got a winner!

Thanks for posting the story.

Jerry

Jason,

Beautiful was the right word. Life throws many twists and turns. Doing something positive with those wanderings is what makes the entire difference. Some of us win, some of us lose. Great job, bringing out your perspective, you got a winner!

thanks for posting the story.

Jerry
Hey thanks jerry! Im glad you enjoyed it :)

I loved the mix of different photography scenes. Beautiful blue water. I surfed, When I was young in Texas. This brings back some fond memories. Great overhead shots from solo. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing

While studying abroad here in New Zealand, I had the opportunity to interview and make this short film about an italian man who was inspired by surfing to turn his life around. There are some beautiful Solo shots in the video. Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well done.

Thanks guys!
@J R I definitely learned a lot.
In terms of drone flying: keeping sand away is super important but not as hard as I had initially thought it would. Just launched from my backpack, laid down some towels beside it just incase, and landed where it was decently flat.
Overall though, I learned that I could pump out something of quality in a short amount of time. Started last tuesday with the interview, and uploaded it today, all within a week. I want to be involved in more projects like this in my career. The interview really spoke to me as a viewer as well, motivating me to work hard at something I love.
Anyway, it was a blast to make, and hopefully a good piece to add to my portfolio.

Reactions: J R
Very well done! Keep up the good work - looking forward to seeing more...

Jason- that was just fabulous! Definitely Cannes material.
What editing software are you using?

Wow, that was really entertaining! Great drone shots and tight "story" - well done! How long have you been flying/filming/editing?

Wow, that was really entertaining! Great drone shots and tight "story" - well done! How long have you been flying/filming/editing?
Thanks! I have been making videos since I was little. I started taking it more seriously within the past 2 years, since I have been in college. I was actually just accepted into the Advertising program that I applied to. So, I have 2 years left till I graduate with a degree in Communications: emphasis in advertising. I bought a 3dr solo in the summer, and that was my first drone. Had some issues with my first gimbal so really didn't start much filming till november. I love it though! It definitely something I want to pursue :)

I'm new to both video & editing and flying, which I got into as a result of catching the video/editing "bug" and seeing (literally - lol) the extensive possibilities with drone filming. I bought my Solo in December and really love it as well. In any event, again, great job on your video and good luck moving forward. Keep posting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela