Announcement in full:

It seems as though 3DR itself isn't interested though since they've come up with nothing on the consumer level that's new and you can actually purchase. I'm happy there are ex-employees who care enough to try to bring the original promises to fruition, but that's not the same as the company standing behind and fulfilling their promises. They've shown off some really nice 3DR multiple battery chargers, that they aren't going to sell. Showing off the long promised optical flow, that is on a custom quad and you can't purchase. I'm loving the upcoming software enhancements, but that's par for the course. A lot of us just wanted basic updated hardware accessories to allow Solo to perform longer and a little better, and not stuff you need to be spending thousands of dollars to get.
To be fair, there's 3DR support of projects that bring hardware to Solo owners, why else do you think Philip who's now ex-3DR was on the booth and it's his custom kit that was on show in the net? Meanwhile Curtis Leo has in fact today hinted actually he may go forward with the charger, so it may get produced after all.

For those that aren't already members the mod club is here and both 3DR staff and Arducopter developers do drop by (now and then) and put forward ideas.

Click here to sample the magic sauce

This is the design for the optical flow and the housing will be able to be 3D printed.
lidar optical flow.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: franknitty69
i
To be fair, there's 3DR support of projects that bring hardware to Solo owners, why else do you think Philip who's now ex-3DR was on the booth and it's his custom kit that was on show in the net? Meanwhile Curtis Leo has in fact today hinted actually he may go forward with the charger, so it may get produced after all.

For those that aren't already members the mod club is here and both 3DR staff and Arducopter developers do drop by (now and then) and put forward ideas.

Click here to sample the magic sauce

This is the design for the optical flow and the housing will be able to be 3D printed.
View attachment 3146

i'm in for one.

Probably. Given the rate 3DR is getting through software updates, I'm sure we'll see plenty more in 2016 than they've announced on the software side. For hardware the launch of the Pixhawk 2 will indirectly bring more to Solo and I think there's chance of one piece of hardware from 3DR.

Probably. Given the rate 3DR is getting through software updates, I'm sure we'll see plenty more in 2016 than they've announced on the software side. For hardware the launch of the Pixhawk 2 will indirectly bring more to Solo and I think there's chance of one piece of hardware from 3DR.
Speaking of the Pixhawk 2. Do you know if the one being produced will be a drop in replacement for the one in Solo??

Speaking of the Pixhawk 2. Do you know if the one being produced will be a drop in replacement for the one in Solo??
Yes it is hardware wise, to use the "community" Pixhawk 2 in a Solo would need a future firmware, I assume when Solo is merged into Arducopter.

Rex, the iPad Air 2 has an accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and barometer. i don't see why it wouldn't work. ios beta testing has begun so i guess somebody will verify.

3DR attn Collin :---- If u need beta test. I did lots for years. Like Adobe, Microsoft and others. Countless since 2000.. . Let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela