Microsoft hyperlapse for drone footage?

Right. Since your modified lens produces a video more similar to shooting in Medium or Narrow FOV setting on a standard GoPro, I've had good results with MS HL and those settings with my rect. lens.

Interesting.

Solo home over lake hyperlapse advanced mode fov medium from rectilinear wide.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I tried it on osx first with narrow and it crashed with no messages. Did the same on windows got message " unsupport image resolution 2704x1520 narrow for gopro 4 black. Ah.

Back to osx, set it to medium, it processed fine on advanced. To me, I'm guessing advanced is definetly required if you are turning a lot of corners etc. Maybe basic is stabilisation, speed up, and cutting out some footage only. Interprolating frames is advanced.

To me though on this single one example it warps the image the same way After effects warp stabilser or FCPx with some footage. I don't know if it is because its rectiliner, or that is how its going to be with all footage.
@Killboy, do you have this sort of warping in some of your hyperlapsed rectiliner footage?

It would be great to get the dash ware up and running with the Solo. Wondering if there are any GPS apps that will work in tandem with the solo app?

Interesting.

Solo home over lake hyperlapse advanced mode fov medium from rectilinear wide.

So I tried it on osx first with narrow and it crashed with no messages. Did the same on windows got message " unsupport image resolution 2704x1520 narrow for gopro 4 black. Ah.

Back to osx, set it to medium, it processed fine on advanced. To me, I'm guessing advanced is definetly required if you are turning a lot of corners etc. Maybe basic is stabilisation, speed up, and cutting out some footage only. Interprolating frames is advanced.

To me though on this single one example it warps the image the same way After effects warp stabilser or FCPx with some footage. I don't know if it is because its rectiliner, or that is how its going to be with all footage.
@Killboy, do you have this sort of warping in some of your hyperlapsed rectiliner footage?

Yeah if I pan or tilt too aggressively, there doesn't seem to be much of a way around it, it's going to be warpy...just have to use more fluid movements when doing those things. I wish there was a SUPER slow setting for yaw and tilt for when we know the video will be sped up/Hyperlapsed.

Yeah if I pan or tilt too aggressively, there doesn't seem to be much of a way around it, it's going to be warpy...just have to use more fluid movements when doing those things. I wish there was a SUPER slow setting for yaw and tilt for when we know the video will be sped up/Hyperlapsed.

Something to maybe send 3DR a little note about? It seems completely valid with smart shots. A real slow pan/tilt sounds like a fine idea.

Reactions: Killboy
Well I did hit that tilt almost like a maniac.... ok, not really. We could just use the presets set a min/max tilt, set a speed using the wheel, and set a pan speed in the menu system for solo control. I definetly won't be messing with that when the bird is 1.5 miles out as this was. But knowing that, I'll pre set it up for next time I fly it if I really want that shot.

Nice! Looks frosty :) summer starting here in oz.

Was it a bit of a process to match them up?

It only took a year but I finally got this done. All four seasons, winter, spring, summer and fall. Just thought I'd share the end result.

Jerry

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44