SOLVED: WAITING FOR SOLO (Bricked Controller)

Reaction score
How to fix a Bricked Controller (Be Brave!)\
The telltale signs:
No Wifi. Won't connect to solo.

THE SOLUTION - (3 Steps)

1. Remove Battery from Controller and Replace after 15ish seconds.(No reason for 15, it just sounds good.) See if it's working. (Sometimes this will work sometimes it doesn't.

2. Open up the Controller completely and press the reset button inside the controller. It is a tiny white button. There is a boot button next to it, leave that alone. It should reset the controller when you start it up.

3. Remove Micro SD card from inside of the controller. Put the SD card back in. There is glue holding it in under the silver part. Just scrape off the glue and slide something under the top of the Silver SD card holder. It is spring loaded. Push on the SD card and it should pop out after you have freed it from the glue.

4. Press the pair button on the bottom of SOLO after you have tried the above. It should work.

Also, if someone wants to copy their controller SD card and post the contents, that might be helpful to have floating around on the internet.

THIS WILL WORK! Take your time. Disconnect the wires that you have to disconnect. (ONLY THE ONES YOU HAVE TO! NO MORE! NO LESS) If you get in over your head, find a friend to help. YOU DON'T HAVE TO RETURN IT!

4. Thank me later....

Jeff

How to fix a Bricked Controller (Be Brave!)\
The telltale signs:
No Wifi. Won't connect to solo.

THE SOLUTION - (3 Steps)

1. Remove Battery from Controller and Replace after 15ish seconds.(No reason for 15, it just sounds good.) See if it's working. (Sometimes this will work sometimes it doesn't.

2. Open up the Controller completely and press the reset button inside the controller. It is a tiny white button. There is a boot button next to it, leave that alone. It should reset the controller when you start it up.

3. Remove Micro SD card from inside of the controller. Put the SD card back in. There is glue holding it in under the silver part. Just scrape off the glue and slide something under the top of the Silver SD card holder. It is spring loaded. Push on the SD card and it should pop out after you have freed it from the glue.

4. Press the pair button on the bottom of SOLO after you have tried the above. It should work.

Also, if someone wants to copy their controller SD card and post the contents, that might be helpful to have floating around on the internet.

THIS WILL WORK! Take your time. Disconnect the wires that you have to disconnect. (ONLY THE ONES YOU HAVE TO! NO MORE! NO LESS) If you get in over your head, find a friend to help. YOU DON'T HAVE TO RETURN IT!

4. Thank me later....

Jeff

It does appear that the SD card inside the controller has a tendancy to come loose. We opened our controller twice now to reset it. This time, we anchored it in with a few wedges of plastic and some electrical tape. Let's hope that keeps it in over time.

I did look at what what on the SD card - all binary files unreadable with a text editor.

Reactions: pilchards
Resetting my SD Cards on my controller and drone got everything working.

Question: Do I need to 're-glue' them in?

If you use a free mega account to get these they stay available longer and you get them quicker. Each is over 8GB.

controller
MEGA

solo
MEGA
Upon loading these, the WiFi's address name from the controller is different and requires a password which is not sololink. Does anyone know the password used by the controller image file? If you then do the controller factory reset, it will resort to a different WiFi address name and sololink password works but now you are back to Preflight Update brickwall. It seems that if the password could be had it would up and run with these two image files on MEGA. They are mmcblk0 and mmcblk0_Solo. They install and run but what's the WiFi connect password?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc