Sunshade won't lock

Reaction score
I just got 3dr sunshade & when I use with Samsung S7 Edge ... it will not stay up .. too heavy ... I tightened as much as possible & it will not stay up .. any ideas? Maybe something to put on the plastic ball to help get tight ...

I just got 3dr sunshade & when I use with Samsung S7 Edge ... it will not stay up .. too heavy ... I tightened as much as possible & it will not stay up .. any ideas? Maybe something to put on the plastic ball to help get tight ...
I had the same problem- no way to get the ball system tight enough without breaking the retaining ring.
I ended up replacing with a hinge. Attached the upper hinge using VHB tape.
View media item 327View media item 324View media item 326View media item 325

You could place a small piece of masking tape or painters tape in the ball receiver to tighten it up more. A vinyl tape or electrical tape could work, but maybe too sticky. Trial and error.

Nice solution MD, you could hold a laptop with that build.

Reactions: Maddog
You could place a small piece of masking tape or painters tape in the ball receiver to tighten it up more. A vinyl tape or electrical tape could work, but maybe too sticky. Trial and error.

Nice solution MD, you could hold a laptop with that build.
Rich, I tried the tape thing- didn't work. I ended up cracking the retaining ring thingy.:(

I found that by having the spring loaded arm on the mount at the bottom helped. When I had it at the top the balance wasn't as good. That is with an iPad mini 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig