Strident Noise at Solo start

• Thread starter Deleted member 5038
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5038

This morning, I started my Solo, normal starting procedure (LED's green, then LED's red and blue, GoPro on) seemed OK. Controller and iPad connected.
Around 10 seconds later, a strident high noise (3sec) at 1sec intervals started from somewhere around the gimbal.
No way to stop it, unless switching off Solo.
Repeated 10 times, stil the same.

Any help appreciated...

Not opened it yet ; will do.
Last test I did minutes ago, controller warned Magnetic interference although there is only wood around me...
You think it is GPS connection ?
I replaced the shield last week by the new 3DR one, and flew 5 batteries since, everything was fine.

Reactions: Hewlett6621
could have come loose
Hi,

Been inside Solo... Noise appears to come from the main board, not from GPS.
Now, controller warns about Magnetic Interference...
Sent a ticket to 3DR.
Fingers crossed.

Quick reply from 3DR Support (Sep 20):
It looks like Solo interpretates that its battery is at 0% level... Not true obvisouly (test done with almost fully charged four batteries...)

3DR Statement : We will replace the unit!
Under process by now...

Glad they're handling it for you. I seem to recall someone else having this issue, and it turned out to be a small wire that broke. Not that it matters now, but if you take the top off and look at the main battery connector, there's a small wire leading from that to the main board. I'm pretty sure this is what carries the battery telemetry, and if it brakes, the Solo has no data and reports the battery as depleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: SARDG
Thanks for your input.
Checked the two wires but everything is normal there.
I got the 3DR RMA and hope that they will make a quick exchange.

Just to close this thread.
3DR has just been outstanding!
I got my solo replacement today, in just less than two weeks (between France and USA).
:):):):):) (5 STARS SERVICE)

Reactions: SARDG
Glad you got it replaced! I'm still wondering exactly what was making the noise?

Glad you got it replaced! I'm still wondering exactly what was making the noise?
Apparently there would be a buzzer on the main board...
I did not check exact location

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M