I absolutely cannot get my Solo to work on my boat...

Have you tried from the boat on land? To eliminate the motion aspect.

I don't know if this is a solution for you or not but have you thought about taking off in manual and then getting your satellite lock after you take off. I do this all the time if I'm tired of waiting for satellites. Then after you have satellite lock just hit Fly.

I don't know if this is a solution for you or not but have you thought about taking off in manual and then getting your satellite lock after you take off. I do this all the time if I'm tired of waiting for satellites. Then after you have satellite lock just hit Fly.

The drone won't arm. It wasn't a matter of waiting for a GPS lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wonder if you guys have any new info on lunching from a boat. I'm planning to try to lunch from a NAVY ship, lots of metal around :( ... from what I'm seeing here my chances for success are more then slim :(

Just wonder if you guys have any new info on lunching from a boat. I'm planning to try to lunch from a NAVY ship, lots of metal around :( ... from what I'm seeing here my chances for success are more then slim :(

Our problems are mostly movement of the boat, as opposed to too much metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being former Navy, I lunched many times from a Navy ship. Great food IMO. :) Sorry... just had to do it! ;) :confused:

Reactions: Ryan Levitz
Build a gimbalized launch pad! (sorry)
Not too far-fetched maybe. Steve. The gyrocompass repeater on the bridge of Navy ships is mounted on a nice gimbal.

800px-Algonquin_gyro_compass2.jpg

Just tell the Captain you need to launch your drone from the top of his gyro on the bridge.

I was able to launch from my uncle's salmon boat when we were up in Alaska. I launched from a metal platform but only had the magnetic interference pop up once. It calibrated fine which I was surprised with how much we were rocking. Level surface came up a couple of times but once that went away I was good to go. Had to do a hand catch since I did not trust myself with the small LZ. Drone launch starts at about 45secs.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Solo Keith
it is steel, at least from where I launched from. No parameters changed at all. Pretty much completely stock.

Lucky u benelli, I cant even arm the Solo when on top of my baby grand piano, while metal component internally is at least 20cm below Solo.

Arming because of magnetic interference on a boat has not been the real obstacle - motion has.

I too tried to launch from a boat to video a fishing outing...no go...it worked perfectly on land next run.

If motion is not the issue, try taking off from the top of your esky (chilly bin if you are a Kiwi) and that stopped my magnetic interference issue. I recommend a catch landing by another person rather than trying to land it back on the esky. Worked for me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc