start/stop record not working

Reaction score
The settings above, where I choose video and camera settings and record options are grayed out. I have the lastest updates for solo and app .i have updated my h4 silver to 3.00..i do have a gimbal..any ideas on way this dosent work or how to fix the problem...

if the camera icon above the shutter button is crossed out it means that the gopro isn't 'connected'. try powering everything off, remove the gopro, remove the gopro battery. put everything back and try again. if the problem persists then there maybe some other issue.

Still the same..i check the data gimbel wire it us conected and looks fine ..but not to sure if it is conceted properlly to the board...would u suggest doing a factory reset . than reinstulling the updates??

Pardon me but just to double check, are you sure the GoPro is correctly seated in the gimbal? When I was new to the Solo, I was too careful not to break it that it was just holding the GoPro but the Hero bus (the connection in the back of the GoPro) was never connected. This results in the behavior you mentioned.

I have pushed on it to make sure it was seated and the green clip is in the locked postion...i will inspect the connection on the gimbal maybe it is damaged or debris is on it ...i will give it another try

I checked everything out took off the gimbal and checked the wires ..still not working

Log a support ticket with 3DR you may have a faulty gimbal. Do you have another GoPro to test and check it's not your GoPro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I log a ticket just waiting ..and this is my second gimbal the first one was the same..i had a hero 3 but to my inderstanding it didnt support the start/ stop function..so i went and got a hero4 silver

I log a ticket just waiting ..and this is my second gimbal the first one was the same..i had a hero 3 but to my inderstanding it didnt support the start/ stop function..so i went and got a hero4 silver
The start/stop function that's not supported is on power up/power down. So when Solo powers up/down, Hero4 does the same. It does not refer to the record button on the Solo app. That should be working no matter what.
Two gimbals AND 2 different GoPros? Man, what are the odds?
When you look at the back of the gimbal, do you see a green light?

Also, if you're using Android, make sure 3dr services get updated as well as the solo app. I had to do mine separately. Give your tablet or phone a good reboot after you update.

I just had a similar problem, and after 2+ hours chatting with Solo tech support there was no resolution other that "Find another GoPro" or get GoPro tech support to help you reset to factory defaults. "But we can't do anything till the GoPro is eliminated."

Well not having access to another GoPro I started digging through the logs... no reference to GoPRo.
I then looked at /usr/bin/GoProManager.py and found that it looked at /etc/shotmanager.conf for GoProEnabled=1.
Well mine was GoProEnabled=0
I set it back to 1 in /mnt/rootfs.rw/etc/shotmanager.conf restarted the Solo and Camerasettings were all available as well as the record button was now red.

So this might be your problem, and it might not, but it's a simple fix and easy to check out.

...ken...

Last edited:
Thx ..I will give it a try and hope that works...and yes my green light is on its pulsating on the back

Ok i got it to work thx u 3dr pilots for your help...

If anyone else has this problem this is what i did

I had to look for the shotmanager file ..it was missing.so i had to do a factory rest ..this sorted out the problem ...

Once again thank u all for your help

Where did you find this /usr/bin/GoProManager.py ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks