Splash!

I poked briefly at the log I posted earlier in this thread but the reality is I have no idea what I am doing. Anyone here have any proficiency with these things and if so could enlighten me as to what might have happened?

I poked briefly at the log I posted earlier in this thread but the reality is I have no idea what I am doing. Anyone here have any proficiency with these things and if so could enlighten me as to what might have happened?
Hard to tell looking at only the tlog--but nothing we can do about that.
Looking at this quick playback video, it appears your Solo rolled (tumbled) right side. Not sure what the cause was, but I believe it was not caused by vibrations, compass interference, GPS problems or a brownout. :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hard to tell looking at only the tlog--but nothing we can do about that.
Looking at this quick playback video, it appears your Solo rolled (tumbled) right side. Not sure what the cause was, but I believe it was not caused by vibrations, compass interference, GPS problems or a brownout. :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Likely a motor seizing due to kicked up debris. I was not sure if the telemetry log would show a spike in current or not. That was the only file to upload, right?

Thanks for taking a look!

Likely a motor seizing due to kicked up debris. I was not sure if the telemetry log would show a spike in current or not. That was the only file to upload, right?

Thanks for taking a look!
Right--no other files would help.
I agree--by process of elimination I believe mechanical failure but didn't want to say that because I couldn't prove it.

Yee-Ha! As of about 20 minutes ago I'm back in the air. After the spash-down I ordered a new Green Cube, a Here compass/GPS (new to me), a refurb. H4B (still awaiting), and a rectilinear lens for the Hero 4.

I again want to thank Maddog for sending me a new set of blinkies. Not only that but his package arrived here before any of the other stuff I had already ordered prior to starting this thread.

Btw: As I said, this is my first exposure to the Here, the downed craft had the updated mRo GPS which I had thought well of. After only one test flight (hardly good statistical data I admit) I'm already impressed. Extremely fast GPS lock in, (it was even locking inside my house while I was setting it up) and in the air the Solo acts as if it had optical tracking. It just sits where I put it.

Reactions: Maddog
Yee-Ha! As of about 20 minutes ago I'm back in the air. After the spash-down I ordered a new Green Cube, a Here compass/GPS (new to me), a refurb. H4B (still awaiting), and a rectilinear lens for the Hero 4.

I again want to thank Maddog for sending me a new set of blinkies. Not only that but his package arrived here before any of the other stuff I had already ordered prior to starting this thread.

Btw: As I said, this is my first exposure to the Here, the downed craft had the updated mRo GPS which I had thought well of. After only one test flight (hardly good statistical data I admit) I'm already impressed. Extremely fast GPS lock in, (it was even locking inside my house while I was setting it up) and in the air the Solo acts as if it had optical tracking. It just sits where I put it.

Congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc