Would love to know what you folks think

Reaction score
Hello, attempting to learn videography with the solo and editing. Would like to hear what some of the experienced pilots/video pros think? We have a very small cottage rental in Maine.

This is a short illustrating our lake:
http://yukoncottages.com/Yukon_video/Yukon_Pair_of_wings_720.mp4
(solo/hero4B/ragecam 5.4 lense)

We do quick selfies for customers too:
http://yukoncottages.com/Yukon_video/Crew_on_island_720.mp4
(solo/hero4B/ragecam 5.4 lense)

This is an early attempt to illustrate actives at our place, (needs stabilization):
http://yukoncottages.com/Yukon_video/Yukon_Water_Activities_Promo_540p.mp4
(splash drone, which I'm selling now, hero4B)

We don't have a website up yet.

Last edited:
First video- awesome, great job! I think the opening few seconds would look better at normal or slower speed, not sped up. Cut out the best parts and shorten to 60 seconds or less- most potential customers won't spend much time viewing videos.

Selfie- I think this would look better if you started at the group of people then pulled back and up and panned around to show off the scenery.

Last video- don't spend too much time on any one activity, like the hose. I got the impression that's all you have to offer.

Cut that way back. I liked the rapid still's timed to the music- use it once only, any more and it looses its "punch".

Some people might be turned off or offended by the word "ass".

What else is there to do? Boating, fishing, hiking? Take some pics of those activities if you offer them- not all the video needs to be aerial.

Great work overall!

Some people might be turned off or offended by the word "ass".

What else is there to do? Boating, fishing, hiking? Take some pics of those activities if you offer them- not all the video needs to be aerial.

Great work overall!

Thanks for the input, that was the wrong version, I have a version with "BUTT" up there.
Don't have footage of boating, tubing or fishing yet. Hope to get some this year. I found that its hard to film and drive the boat at the same time. Tried it, especially without boat mode.
I sped up the flight out to the lighthouse cause its a mile away from us, seemed boring at normal speed; a little jumpy at higher speed.

thanks again

Good images and work. I am a producer and have filmed and produced content for broadcasting and advertising for some years from big name brands like Celine Dion, Janet Jackson etc. I bought a solo = a newbie here to learn about tech stuff because I love filming and want the shots I need, flying a solo to me is as exciting as watching a ceiling fan! Solo drone is a necessary evil. That’s it. I need one because it can deliver a perspective that is awesome. it’s all about the shot for me and the emotional content of that shot. One or two things you can look out for. Golden thread is something that ties all the sequences together this can be the audio as well as images. Use this to tie things together visually = the birds! Right! so keep going back to them even between cuts. Listen to the sound track the M & E track sets the pace and the feel for the video so cut to the beat. Follow the pace and feel of the music. Cut sequences and change pace to that. Changing pace is good. The three PPP = Pitch pace and power is what you look for. As well as pauses = pause for emphasis. After a dramatic shot go to black for example in the music ….seee and theeeennnnn….fade to black fade Back to new scene. Watch your perspective, try and line horizon shots up. if you cut from one high horizon to the other and the horizon dropped!!! The audience feels that. Your opening shot establishes the entire clip so I would have opened with the birds and the sunrise although nice had no place in the story so it has to go. Use it in another story. It’s like cooking! Because you have a nice cabbage throwing it into your pasta dish!! well its spoils the whole thing…what belongs, belongs. At the end of the day the footage you have is what you have and so be creative how you express yourself through those shots and sequences. Finally enough droning from me! Look!...too much drone footage dissociates the viewer, the whole thing looks mechanical no feeling so cut to elements on the ground, a bird looking up from the water etc.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc