Sony Action Cam?

Reaction score
Website
www.vitalmx.com
image.jpg What do you guys think? Is there any reason to not give this a try until the gimbal shows up? I'd have to do a little mount rigging...er, engineering, but it has the correct input/output, and SteadyShot. Might make for a reasonable solution until the gimbal shows up.

Worth a try. Is there a way to mount it without the WP case? My guess is the Solo can heft it anyway, but the lighter the better.

I'm sure you already know, but make sure the WiFi is turned off on the camera, or very bad things may happen.

I'm curious to see if you can get a video feed with other cameras, just by plugging it in.

Looks promising.. Let us know what you come up with.

Have fun
Ryan G

I already tested the vid feed...it worked no problem.

Hmm. I wonder if one could put a better still camera (better than gopro) up on one of these things. All you'd need is a way to trigger the shutter, though. I've got a portable wifi router, but I highly doubt it'll work.

Hmm. I wonder if one could put a better still camera (better than gopro) up on one of these things. All you'd need is a way to trigger the shutter, though. I've got a portable wifi router, but I highly doubt it'll work.

The Sony does time lapse photos, too.

I did figure out a mount and did a short flight tonight after dark. It works fine, but I can't say that it's stellar video, and not as smooth as I'd hoped. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow in daylight and see if it's any better.

Looks pretty stable to me for the most part.. a little jittery here and there, but not too bad.

How fast were you flying it? I wondering if flying slower would make for more smooth footage at slower FPS (like slow flying at 30fps) vs (flying faster at 60fps, or 120fps even).

Good luck.

Ryan G

Yeah.. that is actually the only reason I bought my Solo. I just wanted some really great panning and aerial photo / video.

I am going to practice more with it on the turtle to get a more stable shooting environment without the gimbal.

Ryan G

I used an old Sony as10 action cam (as well as a db power go pro clone) a few times on the fixed mount with my solo before getting a go pro... worked fine. Obviously can't attach 5o gimbal

Edit - I had to use the waterproof case to mount to solo as that piece has mounting rings

Great to know that. I have a Sony AS20 that makes circles around the GoPro. Just not sure it streams video. Need to test it.
However, image stabilization is excellent. I use it when doing off road rides with my Jeep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150