Solo with GP 3+ Silver Not Taking Flight Plan Pics

Reaction score
Just got introduced to this site and this is my first post! I'm new to the drone flying world, so it's good to know there are other folks out there to hopefully spread some wisdom. I have a question that's probably pretty simple.

When I set up a flight plan in Mission Planner, upload it to my Solo, then take it out and fly the mission, my Solo will not take any of the pictures set up in the flight plan. I have the gimbal installed, camera is connected correctly, I have video feed to the Tower app on my tablet, but no pictures are being taken. Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

I've attached the the waypoint file, if that helps.

Thanks!

Attachments

• First_Test_Flight.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
Welcome aboard, Captain. Your post heading says you have a GP 3+ Silver. I am not familiar with using Mission Planner, but it could be your camera. Full camera functions aren't available on the 3+ Silver. The app and gimbal were designed for the 3+ Black, and the GP 4 Silver and Black series. I may be wrong, but I think that may be your issue. Maybe someone else more familiar with Mission Planner can chime in. Good luck to you.

Just got introduced to this site and this is my first post! I'm new to the drone flying world, so it's good to know there are other folks out there to hopefully spread some wisdom. I have a question that's probably pretty simple.

When I set up a flight plan in Mission Planner, upload it to my Solo, then take it out and fly the mission, my Solo will not take any of the pictures set up in the flight plan. I have the gimbal installed, camera is connected correctly, I have video feed to the Tower app on my tablet, but no pictures are being taken. Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

I've attached the the waypoint file, if that helps.

Thanks!
Are you selecting one of the survey options before you start your WP layout? The surveys will auto trigger the camera. For others, you will need to designate WPs of when to start/stop taking pictures and how often.

Welcome aboard, Captain. Your post heading says you have a GP 3+ Silver. I am not familiar with using Mission Planner, but it could be your camera. Full camera functions aren't available on the 3+ Silver. The app and gimbal were designed for the 3+ Black, and the GP 4 Silver and Black series. I may be wrong, but I think that may be your issue. Maybe someone else more familiar with Mission Planner can chime in. Good luck to you.
Chuck,

I suspect the camera is the issue. A colleague of mine with a GP 4 Black set up waypoints in Mission Planner pretty much exactly the way I did but was able to take pictures. Could be a setting somewhere though.

Are you selecting one of the survey options before you start your WP layout? The surveys will auto trigger the camera. For others, you will need to designate WPs of when to start/stop taking pictures and how often.
As far as I can tell, everything should be set up for it to auto trigger the camera. I've set the command to "DO_SET_CAM_TRIGG_DIST" but nothing is happening.

In addition to this, I just tried to set up a flight plan using the Tower app where it should have snapped pictures at a set interval, but no luck with that either.

have you try hard restart on your solo and controller and app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo