Solo with Garmin Ultra Virb 30 4K

Reaction score
hello everyone I have a Solo for sale with spare battery and props. Comes with a brand-new Garman ultra virb 30 4K action camera that works perfectly with the solo. I would keep it but my HOA just made it against the rules to fly and I'm too lazy to take it to the park LOL

$400 firm for both the Solo and Garmin. Thanks everyone.

temporary image hosting

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyXlsa
Also the Solo app plays perfectly with the Garmin camera. So you can stop/start the video. No issues with it being a Garmin!! I really do love the Solo. Really hate my HOA

Also the Solo app plays perfectly with the Garmin camera. So you can stop/start the video. No issues with it being a Garmin!! I really do love the Solo. Really hate my HOA
How can the app control the start/stop recording without a data cable connected?

Care to elaborate on this? There is no control link between the Garmin and the Solo.

Care to elaborate on this? There is no control link between the Garmin and the Solo.
Sure sorry if I typed it in a confusing way. The Solo IOS app has no issues with it being a Garmin. In settings it runs as a GPhero 3 Black. I am able to start stop the video feed via app and all the smart shots works flawlessly. Video feed works 100% of the time. If I am missing something please let me know.

Thanks

How can the app control the start/stop recording without a data cable connected?
All videos are saved to "camera roll" on my iOS device that I view the live feed from. Am I defying physics!? lol everything works perfectly.

No gimbal. It's on the static mount. Yes to the digital stabilization. Works great!! Yes I'll upload in a sec. hang tight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay so I suck at taking video. In everyone I'm zooming around. Here's a short clip of me ascending and pannning. I'll post a new video of me just sitting still tomorrow. To late here and it's already dark!

Wow that's incredibly disingenuous. No, you know what, you're lying. Or you are totally clueless to what you're doing. You claim you can start and stop recording, which you are not. The garmin is not starting and stopping recording. You are just saving the low resolution crappy preview on your phone, which counts for nothing in this.

Also, that video is horrible. Not worth a dime.

I really can't tell if you're lying and trying to make a buck. Or if you're just clueless.

Reactions: SARDG
That might be a little strong PP. I think he is a solo owner who never had the gimbal and may not have experienced what can be controlled with a gimbal and GP through the app. Instead, he uses the Garmin camera the same way we did the GP before gimbals were shipping. and in that sense the Garmin would work the same as the GP.

Hey wow I'm surprised to hear what you said. Lying? No and yes I've never had a gimbal. Sorry if I mislead anyone. I was clearly excited that I got the new camera to work. Also the footage did save to my sandisk 32gb card so at this point kinda confused. Sorry to piss of P2p

No problem. Some people on this Forum seem to jump all over Noobs for not searching threads, mock them if they don't read their manuals, etc. Then a few others think they know it all and come off as @$$holes.

I'm new to this forum, not flying. I fly LSA and have actually flown at KSRQ. I've been flying since 1976. I flew in to KSRQ from KLNS with a friend on his Hawker 800 Jet. That was a sweet ride! Spoiled me for life!

BTW, my other drone is a Yuneec Breeze. The stabilization on it is pretty sweet too.
Check it out:

Reactions: Rocky104
No problem. Some people on this Forum seem to jump all over Noobs for not searching threads, mock them if they don't read their manuals, etc. Then a few others think they know it all and come off as @$$holes.

I'm new to this forum, not flying. I fly LSA and have actually flown at KSRQ. I've been flying since 1976. I flew in to KSRQ from KLNS with a friend on his Hawker 800 Jet. That was a sweet ride! Spoiled me for life!

BTW, my other drone is a Yuneec Breeze. The stabilization on it is pretty sweet too.
Check it out:

Oh man the yuneec Breeze!! That's the one I want next. Hoping my HOA won't notice since it's smaller. And awesome flying in the hawker! My grandfather and uncle are pilots. All fly out of MCI though. We are originally from KC. But man I'm loving the florida weather!

Check it out:

Wow so the top video is the Breeze with stabilization? That's a night and day difference. I've watched all the vids on it. Looks like a really nice drone

Watch out for the Firmware Upgrade... there's a Thread called "Buggy Update" over there you need to read. I'm waiting for a replacement from Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig